Did the taste ever resolve itself? I returned to Ecuador from 10 weeks in the US, and am experiencing the same buttery taste that you mentioned since I returned a few weeks ago. I also work in the altitude. I don't know if there are heavy metals here. I drink purified water. Did you figure out the cause?

Ive had found i have mold allergies and i was exposed to black mold at work and my left eye was red on and off. I looked up black mold poisoning. I also have buttery tast in my mouth. Sometimes iy taste more metalic at times

This is strange. I have had the same symptoms for the past week. Everything tastes like plain unsalted butter or cream to me no matter what I eat. The last thing I was eating was mixed nuts from my grocer. Different kinds of nuts; Brazil's , cashews, pine nuts, walnuts , filberts . All in the same mix. Had water to wash it down. My daughter said my tongue was swollen abs it was a little difficult for me to swallow. I took 50 mg Benadryl by mouth and repeated thebenadryl in 6 hours. Swelling went down but not completely gone for two days and still have the strange taste in mouth. The primary item I can taste is salt and everything else is bland to me. In addition, I did have flulike symptoms a few days prior to this which were remarkably aggressive than I have experienced before and now over that.

Not sure if you mean me, but mine went away. I think it was from eating too much Tilapia fish. Maybe I had an overload of Omega 3 oils in my system.

Hope you aren't still having it! I am now

Hello, i have the same thing, ongoing cold symptoms for over a month, nothing serious, lots of mucous and the buttery after taste when i eat or drink. Can you tell me if it went away? I live in Canada.

Having the same symptoms. Have determined it shows up after applying lipstick/chapstick/gloss.

I also have recently developed this issue and it seemed to start after I had some dental work done and some fillings replaced. I am very healthy, do not take fish oil or any other supplements

I'm having the same issues and have started whole 30 and have the symptoms for the last three weeks. Any suggestions?

same here! except the twitch is in my left eye...

I also have similar, mine is like a butter fatty taste after I drink or eat anything for four days prior to this I had a very sweet taste like syrup for about a month that was so strong I couldn't taste anything... I also keep getting shortness of breath and feel like myou head is spinning like when your drunk or been on a roller coaster but only last for seconds

Thank you so much! I've had this problem and it was to the point where I stopped eating. Good tasted so milky and oily. I have had an infected tooth for a while and I was putting off dental work. Now I can temporarily treat my infected area and make a dental appointment!

Every thing i eat or drink I have also experienced the "buttery " taste as well. i cant stand it any more and i have bad upset stomach for going on 4 days now i dont even fell like eating cause i cant stand that buttery taste in my mouth its discusting even my lips taste like buttery i wash it off but its still there,i would like to know whats going on can someone tell me please

how do you feel mentally. i have high anxiety. i'm 100% positive it's the cause. tragedy last year.