Hi im 5"7' 12 going on 13 in 15 days. If i start to lift weights at 55 lbs. Will i stop growing.

I tried to find some information on this, and the only thing I found was that the most advisable "weight lifting" age for teenagers is approximately 15, 16, 17 years old because of growth issues. I know we had a "weight training" class in high school and could only take it as a junior. So perhaps they are related and you should wait. If you want to exercise that is understandable, and there are many ways to build muscle and burn fat if that is what you are looking to do till then.

Hi there,
This is a question that concerns many. And there are those who say that no weight lifting can stunt your growth both others reject this and say that growth can be stunned by weight lifting. I am not sure here what to tell you. I don’t lift weights nor do my sons so I have no personal experience in this field. However I have heard that you will be fine as long as you keep the weight limited, and to lift too much at once. How long have you been lifting weights? Do you have a personal trainer or you are doing this on your own? I hope this helped you a bit.

All the best,
Danella