I was in the hospital on 2-23-07 with pain in my lower right stomach. The did blood work and a transvaginal ultrasound. When the DR came in he told me that my pregnancy test came back Negative. Being heart broke because me and my husband have been trying to have a baby for almost 7 years now and nothing. When i went to pick up my medical records about 20 days later i was reading it and it stated in the "imaging repor" that there was vaginal bleeding and a positive pregnance test" Impression: normal. Is it Possible for them to tell that i am pregnant through the ultrasound even though my blood test came up negative?

Hi Kristin. My friend was dealing with the same problem. She and her husband were trying for years to get pregnant. They were spending all their energy on that. She had two miscarriages and after second one she was considering to give up because she said it was to painful experience for her.  

And it is possible that you were pregnant but the chances are low. Blood test is 99 % sure so transvaginal ultrasound maybe showed something but now it is pointless to think about it. It is wiser to let go that bad event and focus on getting pregnant.

Did you talk to your husband about other options in case you don’t succeed by natural way? How about in vitro?

I hope that you will get pregnant soon and that you will like my friend did get one beautiful and healthy baby. Good luck!

Hey Kristin, I went to the e.r with extreme pain one day. The pregnancy test came back negative so they did a transvaginal ultrasound. the technician asked me if i was pregnant i told him no because of the negative result. He asked if i was sure and i said i was sure it was negative. so the doctor told me it was just a cyst. about a week later i went to the gyn because my period was very late. Low and behold the 'cyst' just graduated pre-school lol. so, not to get your hopes up but, don't lose hope. the tvu is a bit more accurate. good luck!