I’m an older swimmer and my great wish is to be able to do butterfly. I’ve never tried it before and I’d like, but I don’t think whether that’s a discipline suitable for middle-aged people like me. What do you think that I should do and how to improve my technique so that I can try this? Thanks in advance.

Hello friend! I don’t know how fir you are but I can’t see a reason why you should not try butterfly. Even if you can’t perform it properly or if your speed is not that fast, you can try it and see whether this stroke suits you. The most important aspects of butterfly stile are breathing and hip movement. It’s of a vital importance to master those two and then you’ll be able to manage this stroke. But you should bear in mind how difficult that discipline is and don’t expect miracles. Sometimes even experienced swimmers can’t achieve it. But that’s not the reason for not trying. You can’t to id on your own and you should find a good swimming instructor.