I’m so proud of myself. I think I’m the best swimmer in the family! My brothers are also swimmers, so is my father, but I’ve learned to swim butterfly when I was sixteen and you must admit that it’s quite of an achievement. Do you think that it’s better to grow up in a family of swimmers where you always must compete with your siblings who is better, and where your parents cannot focus all their attention to you?

Congratulations! I think that each of those two situations have its pros and cons. If you grow in a family with couple of brothers and sisters, that’s true that not all your parents’ attention is focused only on you, but there are other things that are good, for example the fact that you have a natural competition and you won’t be spoiled. It’s also good to have somebody to train with and sharing both good and bad moments is better when there are more children is easier in a large family. On the other hand, growing up like the only child has its benefits. Your parents invest all their money and energy only into you and your developments. Anyway, I think that it’s better to grow up in a big family, despite its shortcomings.