Hi! I heard that recently doctors started to do undergo laser eye surgery on children. I know that it was not practiced on children few years ago when I was asking about it. My daughter’s vision is very poor and I think that this surgery can help her. Does anybody know something about it? Thanks!

Many doctors think that laser eye surgery should never be practiced on children because they are growing and their vision is still changing. But now there are doctors who think that this kind of surgery can be very helpful to children whose vision is so poor that it obstruct their learning and development.

Hi there,
I think that many parents ask this question and I have to tell you still doctors are not too sure if the laser eye surgery should be practiced on children. I am not sure what to tell you here, because I had no personal experience but as much as I could find out these surgeries were very successful in children. Laser surgery is very delicate and complicated surgery that really doesn’t last too long. But the possible risk that could happen gives many a reason to say that this is too dangerous for children. I think that you should consider this with your doctor and listen to his opinion. Technology now days is much safer then several years ago.
I hope this was helpful.