You sound a bit like your addicted.... stop taking the drug, it already sounds like your having trouble because of it, so find something else to fill your boredom juts plz try to stop smoking ex... my advise, you don't have to take it, just thunk about it...

Most people on here are not good examples of why the substance mdma is bad. They are examples of the misuse and consequential results of the misuse of mdma, be it through contamination or dosage... People need to get some perspective on mdma in relation to legal drugs taxed by the governments running the countries we live in. The same governments that cause most of the issues making mdma dangerous by; not eradicating the substance but prohibiting and relieving themselves of any control of it's manufacture, giving the job of manufacturing and distributing the drug to criminals, not making anywhere near enough effort into researching it, and devaluing their own research into the long term use of mdma among regular people by making the substance illegal in the first place.

I've had some great times with MDMA and some not-so-great times. You can gain much from using it wisely (i.e., controlled environment with close friends etc.), but the most important thing to know about it is once you learn the lessons it has to offer you, you may never re-learn them. The "addiction" of MDMA is an addiction to "discovering" all those things about music/friendship/the power of dancing etc. for a second time. It took me a few months of experimenting with it to figure this out.And, most important of all - do whatever you feel is best for you. If you're gonna experiment, enjoy the ride and stay as responsible as you can. But don't pay too much attention to the "everyone should do it / no-one should do it" arguments. Not everyone who has a drink is an alcoholic, not everyone who eats is a food addict. Just don't over-do it, the ticket most definitely quickens up when you're rolling. Also, get naked and fool around with someone with some good music in the backround - it's f*****g awesome :-D

Yes ecstasy can damage brain function. One of the major problems is the over production of seretonin causes a certain gland to kinda be " injured" and won't work right for a while. Seretonin causes joy, so u fall into big depression.

I think you should stop taking it. I was taking it every weekend at friends and at raves for a couple of years and i loved it. Until one day on my 18 b-day at a rave i went into a full tonic clonic seizure.. then i quit the pills. then i would have the seizures if i drank or didnt get any sleep every 6 to 12 months so now ive had about 7 siezures since then. im 23 and now an epileptic taking medication everyday for it and im ok, but if i could take it all back and change that route of those pill popping days, i definatley would...

Sounds like you're having runs of atrial fibrillation or atrial flutter which is a common complication of enlarged atria. I can almost guarantee that you did not have a heart attack during your drug episode or it would have been most certainly picked up on ECHOs and ECGs. Athlete's commonly have problems with atrial tachycardias because strenuous exercise can cause the atria to enlarge. Try and fight for an event monitor. It will pick something up over a course of 30 or so days. After which point, an ablation procedure or course of beta blockers may be recommended to stop the irregular heartbeat.

The ways which ecstasy can damage the heart is through ischemia (restriction of bloodflow to the heart muscle leading to a heart attack), damaging the heart valves, or causing dilation of the heart so chronic abuse. In all 3 of these cases, damages to the heart would be detectable through the extensive testing you've had. In addition, if there is a pathological reason fro your atrial enlargement (like an atrial septal defect or a valve problem) it needs to be corrected. I am 99% that is the cause of your arrhythmia

are these people for real?  i realize drugs CAN do this to some.  but this bad?  I've been using MDMA for a couple years now, and guess what?  I haven't almost died, I haven't overdosed and I consider myself to be pretty smart still.  It will get to you a few tomes, but hey as long as you know what you're doing you should be fine.  It does shock me to see people saying that they're rolling at 12 yrs of age.  Whatever, I dont care.  basically It's not fully the drug's fault, it's the user. albeit buying from a shitty dealer and not testing what you are ingesting or you take pills that are 'cut' with other substances etc etc

It sounds like most of you guys were having panic attacks. 

As long as you wait 5 weeks between every time you use it you will be fine(with no side effects actually). You need to let your body rest and let your serotonin levels get back to normal. If you do it every weekend you are doing something very very stupid. It will damage your brain, heart and empotions. Remember that 2-3 days after you do x you will feel kind of depressed, so if you do it alot you will always feel that way.

yes. ecstasy can not only cause brain and/or heart damage but it can also damage a whole lot of other things. there have been many cases were people, healthy people have died after taking E. now i've never taken drugs, i was born with a heart condition and because of this i'm not susposed to take certain medication, so naturally when it comes to my health i'm careful. i have a hole in my heart, in an area known as the left ventricle, the holes tiny and doesn't really affect my life. unless i contract some fatal disease and it spreads to my heart then i'm f#cked unless i get the right medicin in time. but regardless of that i actually have a good immune system. however, because of my condition, if i were to take ecstasy i would most likely die. because what ecstasy does is speed up your heart, it quickens the heart beat which makes blood pump in and out of it in a way thats unnatural for the human body to function. and as a result many people can suffer from either minor or sever heart strain or death. and this isn't just people with heart conditions, it can happen to anyone, although you say you have heart problem, so i'm assuming its safe to say that if you have or were born with heart problems or a condition then you're hearts more likely to suffer from any illicit drugs (E) then that of a healthy person. however, everyone is different and people react differently to certain things. you say you've been using for 5 years, it sounds like your bodies built up abit of a tolerance for it. but that doesn't mean you're invincible, because drugs wear the body out. ecstasy is a foreign substance and its the exact opposite to a nutrient. come on man, we're taught very early on about how drugs are bad for us. so anyway, aside from the heart damage the brain is also very serious. first theres the emotional damage thats comes with addiction. once your bodies addicted to it your minds emotional and mental state becomes unbalanced, plus have you ever heard the phrase "stuck in a bad trip"? well its refering to someone whose taken drugs tripped out, and come out of that 'trip' permanently brain damaged. the same thing occurs in alcohol consumption (intoxication) however for this to occur the person needs to have been drinking everyday day for decades. however ecstasy is much much much much much more stronger than alcohol and sometimes all you need is one to get f#cked up. now i dont know how often you use this drug but if you're to use it once a day then i'm surprised you're still with us. but using it once or twice a month maybe is more believable as 5 weeks is said to be enough time for your body to heal after using. however, if you're planning to quit using drugs which i'm hoping you do as its extremely bad for you then i highly recomend you join a programe or support group. clearly i've never taken drugs and the reason for that isn't just because of my heart condition but its because i've seen what it does to people and its more bad than it is good. and infact, its actually easier to quit drugs than it is to quite smoking. oh and, you said you are healthy, that you feel healthy? so long as your taking ecstasy mate you're not healthy. anyway i hope was of help,

If I ever had a younger person too educate I would make em read this one article. I myself have used ecstasy in my early years 14-16 and drank every weekend since I was 15 and even though my life is still a mess at 19 I am slowly regaining my life back. After living it up, feeling like you can conquer the world it's hard to know anything else. It is not worth spending a couple years consuming drugs too have too deal with years of regaining them all back in the worst. I have developed panic attacks and social anxiety. My heart races faster than normal at random times. I think I have had a few seizures because my toung was sore AF the next morning. I grind my teeth now dunno if that's caused by drugs but I never used to do it. I dunno if I have heart problems but honestly I feel as if the doctors don't do anything about it unless something major like dying or some. Your story is inspiring and hit me the hardest from the other articles. Thank you for sharing your story. <3

i'm seriously getting the feeling everyone on this website is writing BS stories to scare people away from the drug... I mean, 8 pils at once, or on one night? No one is stupid enough to do that...

i'm 19 now. Done xtc three times. The drug is only addictive if you use it to compensate depressed or insecure feelings. If you use it recreational (read: 2-3 times a year MAX!), and only when you are feeling good from the beginning, at a big dance festival or something, it won't hurt you, and you won't get addicted.

Ofcourse, the week after you've taken it, you have this feeling like you want to do it again, but this is just sort of 'home-sickness' to the awesome time you had at the festival. It should be common sense not to take it again right away.

After 2 month, your body is fully recovered from one night of xtc use. That's why you should just do it no more then 2 to 3 times a year, with at least 2 to 3 month in between. This will keep the experience special, and getting addicted is impossible this way.

If people want to do xtc, they will do it anyway. So stop trying to make people scared by saying you did 8 pills at once, because that will alter their sense of what's a normal amount of pills to take... It's better to inform people on how to take it, while inform them with the scientifical proven risks, and tell them how to reduce those risks.

So, if you want to take xtc, here is some information on how to do it, what to take care of and what to expect:

1- if you take multiple pills at once, you're basicaly asking for health problems. Take one pill every 5 hours. NEVER take multiple pills at once. If, after 5 hours, you're still feeling the effect of xtc, don't take more. Just wait until the effect has clearly reduced to barely noticable before taking more.

2- Drink enough water, but not to much. Around one glass of water every hour is perfect when you're constantly dancing.

3- DON'T MIX XTC WITH OTHER DRUGS/ALCOHOL!!! This will most likely give a very unexpected effect, and increases health risks significantly!! Also, if you combine multiple drugs, the effect of both drugs is way less than you would expect, so it's also just a waist of money.

4- Doing something illegal can be very exiting, but take your responsibility when you mess up or get caught.

5- If you take a pill, and think that it's not working after 1-1.5 hour, DON'T TAKE MORE!! it is possible that you got a pill with PMA in it, instead of mdma. PMA gives the same effect as mdma, but it starts working 3 hours after taking it, and will continu working for 8 to 10 hours. If you take more after 1 hour, you will have a double dose. PMA is way more dangerous than mdma, so a double dosis of PMA will amost guaranty a visit to the Emergency Room.

6- Don't use xtc, or any other drug, to reduce depressing feelings, insecure feelings, or ANY negative feelings! This can give you a very unpleasant trip, and makes you vulnerable to addiction.

7: enjoy it!! but handle the drug with care. It's still a drug, so inform yourself about the risks, the do's and don'ts, and how to recognise and handle an overdose/unpleasant trip of yourself or someone else. 

Wow, all great stories. Here's mine. I started when I was about 16. I'm 26 now. I was always hesitant about trying it. My friends had tried it, but I don't believe in peer pressure so I didn't. First it was my younger brother who was 15 at the time. Boy did I chew him out lol. Then my older brother who was 18 . Again I chewed him out as well. Finally a guy who I got my tree from tried it and told me it was the best feeling ever. So after everyone I cared about took it and was fine, I figured what the hell. So I got one from him and not oh boy was I hooked! I mean I was doing it whenever I could.. Every other day for a while until my friends told me how I've changed since I started popping. So I stopped for a while. Then started again a few months later but nothing like when I first started. Then along came Molly! I was getting my drug of choice, weed and I asked the guy if he knew anyone with pills. Mind you I'm from the city but moved to the suburbs. So he thought I was talking about perk or vicadin. Half offended I said,"hell nah, I'm talking bout e"! So he said he has something better and pulled out a bag full of a white crystallized substance. I said I'm too old to be trying new drugs. He said it's pure Ecstasy. I got about a gram from him. It was the absolute best feeling ever! I lost contact with him and didn't have Molly for about a year. (Guess I'm stuck with pills lol) Then I found it again. This time I had two connects, one in the city one in the burbs. A few weeks ago (a week before Thanksgiving) we were going to a resort for the weekend so I wanted to roll. My suburb connect was all out, so we went to the city. I got 40. my girlfriend and I both took one. About 30-45 mins later we were feeling good. This was smooth 12 or 1 pm. We got to Virginia around six. Around seven or eight we did another one. Popped one almost every hour and a half until about two am. Thinking they were Molly and we'd be able to sleep. WRONG!! Around 3:30 it seemed as if the last three we took all kicked in at once. Around 7:00 in the morning, my heart was beating uncontrollably with intense chest pains. I kept telling myself to take deep breaths, but to no avail. Heart was still beating irradically. I was having a heart attack. I didn't want to alarm my girl or the rest of the family so I didn't say anything just took some aspirin. You would think that would be enough to make me stop. Nope! We did em again, but just one. This time the effects weren't as bad, but I still had tightness in my chest and the muscles where the underarm meets the chest kept locking/clenching.Last weekend my suburb connect time me he was good again. So I got some from him. Everything was fine. No pains.. nothing. Still had about 25-30 of the other ones. So two days ago I got another gram of Molly from him. Anyone who has done mommy knows it doesn't last as long as a regular pill. When the molly was gone, she says let's take a small piece of the pills. I was hesitant but against my better judgment, I did. Then it started again.. No heart problems but my chest muscles were acting weird. Yesterday I had to leave work early because I hadn't been able to sleep the night before. Today I still have lingering pain under my arms. I'm not going to say don't try this stuff because anybody who grew up during or after the 90's know drive are bad for you. Some people have to see for themselves, hell I'm one of em. But I will say know your body, know you're limitations, and know when to stop. As for me, I'm done... at least for now

Carl im having severe pain the head. its been 3 days. im scared. Can it go awAy.

Has you pericarditis gone away? Did you take ecstasy? If so, what was done to fix it?