I'm trying to incorporate some more lean protein in my daily diet and was looking for easy/different ways to cook skinless chicken breasts. Just picked up a huge bag of frozen Tyson breasts from Sam's Club. Wouldn't mind cooking up a big batch of chicken on the weekend and then putting the extras in the fridge/freezer.

Do any of you have any decent suggestions? thanks in advance...

slice them up thin (this works best while they're partially frozen)
Get bell pepper, onions, and a fajita marinade from the internet/packet from the store.

Marinate them, cook them all in the skillet, put them on a tortilla with lowfat cheese and ff sour cream side of refried beans

and you are set!!!

If you are grilling, I have a mojo marinade with limes and cilantro that ROCKS! Let me know if you are interested!

I'd like your marinade recipe, airehead. Thanks!

When I had a microwave, I'd nuke chicken breasts with paprika and garlic. Super simple and fast. If you grill, try some all-natural Allegro Marinade, if available in your area (or online.) It's great with any meat and doesn't make the meat all grotty when tenderizing. The Hot & Spicy variety is always kept in stock in my kitchen.

Here's a recipe I tried this past week and it was awesome. Don't let the peanut butter scare you.

Peanut Butter Vegetable Chicken Soup
The peanut butter adds something wonderful, without
really tasting like itself. The BEST soup I have ever
tasted. Prep Time: approx. 15 Minutes. Cook Time: approx. 35
Minutes. Ready in: approx. 50 Minutes. Makes 8 servings.
Printed from Allrecipes, Submitted by annie nordmark
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8 cups chicken broth
2 cups diced, cooked chicken meat
1 cup peeled and cubed potatoes
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup diced zucchini
1 cup broccoli florets
1 cup canned whole tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste

Directions
1 In a large stock pot, combine the broth, chicken,
potatoes, and carrots. Bring the soup to a boil, and then
reduce heat to medium. Cook for about 10 minutes, until
vegetables are tender.
2 Add zucchini, broccoli, tomatoes, celery, onion, green
pepper, and garlic. Simmer for about 8 minutes.
3 Add peanut butter, parsley, salt, and pepper; stir
until peanut butter is fully blended. Simmer for 3 minutes longer.

When I fixed it, I used boneless thighs that I first browned in olive oil. I used one can of lowfat chicken broth and made the rest from the meat. I used Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter, too. This would be a great soup to fix and freeze for later.

Another great soup with chicken is White Chili -- there are beaucoup recipes on the 'net for that -- my preferred recipe comes from a can of Bush's Northern beans.

White Chicken Chili
Makes 6 servings.

2 (16-oz.) cans BUSH'S BEST Great Northern Beans
1 medium onion, finely chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 (4-oz.) can chopped green chilies, drained
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 (14 1/2-oz.) can chicken broth
1 1/2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken breast
Shredded Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
Sour cream (optional)
Salsa (optional)

In large skillet, cook onion in oil for 4 minutes or until transparent. Add chilies, flour and cumin; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add beans and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; cook until hot. Garnish with cheese, sour cream and salsa, if desired.

Recipe Courtesy White Lily Foods

Chicken Roll-ups

Ingredients:
Chicken breasts
swiss or mozzarella cheese
ham(optional)
seasonings
Italian bread crumbs

Take your chicken breasts and thaw them if necessary.
Put them in a ziplock bag and beat them flat with a rubber mallet or meat tenderizer. You want them pretty flat, roughly 1/4" to 1/2". Season with whatever you like (I'd say Tony Chachere's, but I know yall don't have that). With the flat chicken breasts spread out, load them down with cheese. I prefer swiss, but that's just me. Mozzarella is also great. Start at one end of the chicken breast and roll it up. Roll it around in some bread crumbs or just sprinkle on top. Place the rolled chicken in a baking pan or Pyrex dish seam down so it doesn't unroll. Put a little bit of butter on top and bake at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour. When the chicken is no longer pink in the middle, it's done.

Optional: before rolling up the chicken, lay a slice of ham on top then roll it up. Sandwich meat works great for this.

It's pretty easy, and you can always get out some aggression when you're pounding on the chicken. I highly recommend this recipe. Good side dishes include mashed potatoes and corn (on the cob is best).

For Bonobo: hope you enjoy it!!!

Mojo marinade:

1/2 cup olive oil
8 large cloves of garlic
1 tsp ground cumin (or more to taste)
1/3 cup lime juice
1/3 cup orange juice
1 1/2 tsps coarse salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp ground oregano
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or mint (I used cilantro--awesome)
1 1/2 pounds pork or chicken

Heat the oil in a deep saucepan over med heat. Add the garlic and cumin and cook until the garlic is fragrant and pale golden brown (1 to 2 minutes--don't let darken too much, or it will become bitter) Stir in the lime and orange juices, salt, pepper, and oregano, and 1/3 cup water. Stand back, because the sauce may sputter. Bring the sauce to a boil, taste for seasonings, adding more if necessary. Let cool to room temp, stir in the cilantro.

Put meat in glass or ceramic dish, marinate preferably overnight using 1/2 the sauce, then grill (be sure to save the other half of the sauce for the table)

fry the chicken in chicken broth in a frying pan. Comes out very tasty with a nice flavor from all the cooking in the broth

Great ideas, folks! I'll be trying all of these soon, I'm sure. Went out and got the gear for Chicken Roll-Ups today. :)

Since quitting my job, I've become Betty Effin' Crocker.

do you have a crock pot? get a fryer chicken, slice some veggies, put the veggies in the pot, put chicken over veggies, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika, or what ever you like...maybe some thyme, add about a cup of water and either a 1/2 cup of wine or chicken broth and put it on high for about 4 to 5 hours or on low for around 9 or 10. you come home from work and voila, there's supper. it's so easy. plus, the left overs are good.

I have done this with pheasant and it turns out great!

I fixed this for dinner last night (w/ garlic mashed potatoes & a mix of green beans, wax beans, and carrots) -- HUGE hit with my husband. Very tasty and easy!