Hello everyone.

I have wonderful announcement :) I adopted the puppy :) I wish that you can see him and play with him. He is so wonderful, adorable and playful :)

I was reading your posts about the proper food for three days :) It is hard for me to decide what is the best food for my Santa ( yes, that is the name of my dog :)) because a lot of you are for wet foods, some are against it.

Lot of you are suggesting raw food. I don’t know what to think :)

About the human food can you tell me what human foods I can safely feed my dog with?

Help me :)

Hey Millie :)

I am so happy for you.

That is so nice gesture. Adopting a puppy is a big deal because you will give him home that he needs.

I am pretty sure that he is in good hands :)

Human foods that you can give to your dog are:

Yogurt – because it is good source of protein and calcium,

Flax seed,

Salmon,

Pumpkin,

Sweet potatoes,

Eggs,

Green beans,

Apples and

Oat meals :)

You should not feed your dog with this food all the time but it is pretty good to feed them occasionally.

All of those foods are good sources of proteins, fats, calcium, omega 3, etc.

Hello. Welcome in the dog’s community :) It is so nice that you finally have a dog. I remember that you were scared at the beginning what is going to happen with this and I can tell you that everything is going to be just fine. Human foods can be OK or your puppy. You just need to know which foods are not for animals. About the foods that you can give to your dog, here are some. Rice, meat, bread, peanut butter – especially if this butter is in the treats, baby carrots, salmon, pumpkin, apple slice, green beans, etc.  

Hey everyone.

Sure you can. All you need to do is to choose foods that you CAN give to him because there are a lot of foods that you CAN’T give to your dog.

OK, the list is maybe a little bit long, but here are what foods you can give safely to your dog:

• Apples with no seeds,
  • Apricots,
  • All natural baby food,
  • Beef,
  • Berries, fresh and frozen,
  • Beef,
  • Berries,
  • Bread without nuts,
  • Raw broccoli
  • Raw cauliflower,
  • Celery,
  • Cheese,
  • Chicken without bones or skin,
  • Cream and cottage cheese,
  • Flax seeds,
  • Cooked eggs,
  • Ginger,
  • Green bananas,
  • Melons,
  • Honey,
  • Oatmeal,
  • Peaches,
  • Nectarines,
  • Peanut butter,
  • Peas,
  • Popcorn without salt,
  • Pumpkin,
  • Rice,
  • Potatoes,
  • Tuna,
  • Tomatoes,
  • Turkey and
  • Yogurt.

Enough? :D

Nice list you got there DS991 :)

I don’t know is there anything that I need to add :)

I want to thank you for this list because I was always in big doubt when it comes about this subject. But I was reading that people are forcing raw food for their pets and somehow I do believe that those ingredients are human foods, right?

When you just take a look, rice and chicken meat are helpful when your dog is having a problem with diarrhea. That should be something.

I believe that it is totally safe to feed your dog with those human foods, but you need to be extremely careful where do you buy them.

Good luck!