Hi. I need to hear some experiences from dog owners who have tried frozen foods. I see all of my friends are using canned food for their pets and some of them use dry food exclusively. I don’t know if that’s good or not since I don’t know much about dog nutrition even though I have three dogs. What do you think? Yesterday I talked with my friend about it and she told me that it’s not good at all, and that she uses frozen food for her Labrador. So I am now considering frozen food too. Can you tell me your experiences with it?

Hello.

I only come in touch with frozen food when I’m preparing raw meat and vegetables for my corgi. As you already know, I’m trying to make a bit more every time as I don’t have enough time to prepare meals for him every day. So, after I feed him, the rest I put into the freezer and give him in the next 2-3 days. That is the only frozen food I gave to him since I got my little guy.

As for frozen food you can buy in supermarkets or some pet shops, I never thought about buying them. I really think it’s not good for dogs.

Sorry I couldn’t be of much help.

Hello. I don’t like frozen foods.I remember two years ago, I got promoted and I really didn’t have much time to spend with my dog, let alone to prepare fresh raw food meals for him. And I really wanted him to eat healthy (and when I say healthy, I mean raw) so I tried to find a way to feed him properly and spend less time in the kitchen. A friend suggested there are some brands that produce frozen foods for dogs and that I should try them.I remember my dog did not like it and neither did I. I don’t recommend frozen foods.

I think that people are exaggerating when they say it’s not at all healthy when dog owners feed their dogs with frozen foods. I mean common, we give our children frozen foods and we cannot give them to our pets?

I, for example, love to feed my dog with raw food, and as you probably know, raw food is very perishable. I really don’t have the time to go shopping for raw meat every day, so I’m pretty much forced to freeze it so that the food I buy doesn’t get spoiled.

And I don’t think that it will harm my dog in any way.

Hello there. Um, I have to say that I don’t like raw food, even if I do believe that this type of food can be good sometimes. But still, maybe I am old-fashioned, but I am not for it :) And, I am not saying that I am right or wrong, I am just telling you my opinion. I had some experiences with frozen food, and they were OK, but not as good as I expected. I know that three years ago, I think, I was buying some frozen food bags from our local pet store. I was buying beef, other day chicken, second day lamb, etc. I think that my dog was not happy with this food as well. I have to say that he is much healthier since he is eating just raw food.

Hello everyone. Wow, so many different opinions in one place :) I really love this place, because I am able to read a lot of experiences, good advices as well. But, let’s talk about frozen raw food experiences :) I don’t know, but I didn’t have any problems with this type of food. I love it. Of course, I am for just raw food as well, but when I don’t have time, I love to buy frozen food – it is easy to prepare and it is good and healthy. I am buying this in the local pet store as well, and to be honest, I never saw any difference in my dog’s behavior when he eats frozen raw food or just raw food. 

Hello everyone. I think that I don’t have a right comment for this type of food :) I was trying to feed my Boo with frozen raw food for a while, when I moved with my boyfriend, but my Boo was not happy with this food. He was eating it only, but only when he was hungry. Then, I started to give him home prepared raw food, and he was eating it without having any problems. Now, he can use it, but sometimes I think that he knows the difference :)

I am giving my dog frozen food only when I don’t have any time to prepare it :)

My experiences regarding frozen food for dogs are great. I’ve been buying it ever since my dog was a puppy. I was never so ambitious to think I could find time every day to prepare fresh meals for him. I often can’t find the time for myself to eat. Especially lately since I’ve been very busy.
My friends sometimes criticize me because they think that frozen food is not the best choice, but I can assure you that my dog is way healthier than any of their dogs. His immune system is great and I cant remember when was the last time we went to the vet.
So, there’s nothing wrong with frozen food.

I must admit that there was a stage in my life as a dog owner when I fed them with frozen foods. To be precise, I tried to feed them, but that didn’t work well. There were numerous reasons for fiasco, but the main is that frozen foods can be considered as “fast food” for our pets. The frozen foods can lead to obesity and cardio problems in dogs, so I gave up on that foods.

I now prepare meals by my own (of course, my wonderful wife helps me every day) and I am positive that you can spare 10-15 minutes for your dog to prepare him fresh meal.

Trust me, that is the best way.

I remember that my mom had this period in her life when she was enough of every day cooking – for us and for her dog as well lol. She was just tired, and she decided to dedicate more time to herself. I totally understand her, because she works too much and sometimes she doesn’t have time for her. She started to feed her Laura with frozen raw food for dogs, and experiences were pretty much great. I remember that she told us one day that it would be so good that we can eat this food as well lol :) Anyway, she consulted her vet, and he told her that it is totally OK to feed her dog with this food. Now, I think that she is preparing food alone only on Sundays :) When she is cooking traditional family lunch for us as well :)