So I got the Mirena after I had my baby in March. My periods have been normal. I got the strings checked 3 weeks ago and the dr said they are there and look fine. My period was supossed to start 2 weeks ago. I felt like it was going to start, so I started carrying tampons around. I feel similar to when I was pregnant with my son, but that cannot be possible since I have the Mirena and just got it checked! So....why is my period not here after it being normal for so long? I can't be pregnant, right?? I have had no added stress recently and no medication change.

I have been searching the net looking for the same info as you.
I got it (IUD) in June 2008. After it settled in all going sweet for the last 3-4 months regular as clock work. This month nothing, same feeling of a period about to start but no visual sign. Took a pregnancy test today and it was negative. My guess is that it just took a while for the hormones to balance out. I knew periods could stop but I thought that would happen gradually not suddenly. Will take a bit of getting used to. Pregnancy does not bother me, only the thought of the side effects of intact IUD on a baby growing and the dangers there...