I had a surgical abortion yesterday & afterwards only spotted a little & had mild cramping. I have not bled since , not even a little bit. Does this mean that the abortion might have not worked?

I am sure the abortion was indeed terminal, if you attended a proper and professional clinic. Pregnancy isn't a disease - there aren't millions of microbes running around inside you - just one little bunch of cells, now presumably safely and professionally removed.

If you're still concerned, a visit to your local health clinic would be appropriate.

I will tell you from experience, that you might have not had a complete abortion.This is my personal experience and don't want it to scare you, just to inform you!! I had an abortion over a year ago and experienced the same not cramping/not bleeding thing. I went back for my check up a month later and the confirmed that they had tissue from a fetus. They did the post-abortion ultrasound and I could tell that something was not right. The tech informed me that I was still pregnant! Talk about a complete slap in the face! The nurse and doctor said that I most likely was pregnant with twins and they only took one out the first time around. I did have to go through the whole process a second time and it was successful, but even more scarier. Just check with your doctor. You can't really take a home pregnancy test because the hormones might still be in you system. They will probably do an ultrasound and make sure everything is alright. Good luck! Please post an update!