Hello! Yesterday I had waxing treatment in a salon and this morning I have noticed swollen lymph nodes in my armpit. So, I want to know can you get swollen lymph nodes from waxing. If you can, please tell me what I should to do. I have never had this problem before and I do not know what to do. Thank you!

Hello! It is possible, but I can tell you that it is very rare. I think that wax was contaminated with bacteria and that is cause of your infection. If your problem does not pass for a day or two, you will need to visit your doctor. Doctor will prescribe you antibiotics. You should notify that salon about your problem, too.

Hello there,

It happens on rare occasions that this is the consequence of waxing but it is possible. Usually swollen lymph nodes are symptom of infection which is attacking your body. This infection can be bacterial or viral but nevertheless you will need additional help to treat it if it doesn’t go away by itself in the next couple of days.

You can increase intake of the water into your organism, because water and fluids as a matter in fact are very helpful in washing away the bacteria. Also, you can increase intake of the vitamins and minerals into your organism by eating and drinking or by taking certain supplements.

If this doesn’t help than consult your doctor for some medications.