Hello there everyone. My beautiful Boo has this ugly rash again. He had one ugly rash a few days ago. Vet gave me some antibiotic, and this rash just disappeared. My vet told me that this rash should not happen again. But, trouble is here again. He got some rash on his back, and I can see that he is in pain. I tried with this antibiotic again, but nothing happened. I don’t know what to do. He is still a puppy, he is four months old, and I need something that can help him that is not aggressive. How to treat skin rash on my puppy? 

Hello there. I am really sorry to hear this. It seems to me that you have a lot of skin issues with your Boo lately. I don’t know how to help you, since you haven’t told us what the kind of this rash is. But, I have one spray that can help you, and it is natural. It has all those natural ingredients that are very effective at healing skin rashes, and they can also calm skin irritation and discomfort. It has shea butter, tea tree oil, sesame oil, aloe vera, and others. You can find it in ever pet store. It works just fine. 

Hey there. Really? I never heard about this cream in my life. Or spray, whatever :) But, I am willing to try next time. I am really sorry to hear this about your Boo, but I am sure that he will be fine. I am always using aloe vera cream or gel, because it is natural way to treat various skin issues. Just apply it on the irritated skin. You can buy it almost everywhere :) You can also try milk of magnesia, because this soothing substance has been found to be really beneficial when it comes about itchy, dry and irritated skin. 

Your vet hasn’t told you anything about what is causing this amount of rash, right? It is very odd that dog so young has so much trouble with his skin, especially if you take good care of him.

Maybe your dog is allergic to some food ingredient, so it would be a good idea to eliminate some foods from his eating plan. Or he can be prone to seasonal allergies (allergens such as: grass, pollen, mold, dust…).

Anyway, you can use aloe vera mixed with chamomile tea for treating the rash, but only a vet can tell you what is bothering the Boo. He needs to be aware that this isn’t the first time Boo had problem with his skin.

Hello all.

I am sorry about your puppy. I suppose he is very nervous. Unfortunately, those skin rashes are a very common thing when it comes to puppies. Their immune system isn’t formed yet so they can’t fight against rashes.

However, there are a lot of things that help your Boo. Aloe vera gel is one of them and Love-is-pet gave you a really good advice. Another great thing is chamomile tea. Put it every day on your dog's rash and hopefully he will be better soon. Also, try applying chamomile-based cream on the hotspots.

If those things don’t help him then you need to consult a vet or a pharmacist.

It is a bit harder with puppies since you cannot discourage your puppy to lick it like you could do with a senior dog.

Corticosteroids are used to help senior dogs with itchy rashes, but I’m not sure it would be a good idea for the puppy to use them.

I would say that the best thing that you can do in order to get rid of your puppy’s rash is to identify and avoid exposure to the allergens.

When that is done, all you need to do it keep your dog from licking and scratching and the rash will disappear on its own.

I am so sorry about your puppy. But, it seems that you have a lot problems with your puppy. I don’t know what can you do about this, I am really surprised that your vet haven't told you more about this rash, because this rash repeats very often. I don’t know, but to stop this you definitely should use chamomile tea and aloe vera. I do agree that oats shampoo is good, but I don’t know can this one help you totally. Try with aloe vera, I still find this the best option. But, definitely, you should visit the vet and let him tell you what is the best therapy for your dog.