Well, My brother was in a car accident and on impact his whole eye area hit the steering wheel and air bag. Most of the impact was to the right eye. The doctors says that theres to much blood in the right to know if theres a lot of damage done or not. The left eye has some sight and a dislocated lense. as far as we know both retinas are still attached.

He told me today that he can see color that comes from light in his right eye but it's very blurry. Like colors from the t.v His right eye also has a cloudy look to it. My brother says like a blind person, but I read online that when an blood vessel breaks in your eye that it can cause discoloration much like a bruise.

He's been going to the doctor everyday and his eyesite in the left eye improved by a foot over a two day period. It's still improving.

I'm just wondering what are the chances he will regain his eye site, how well, in which eye has a better chance, and how long do you think it will take for him to recover fully.

Thank you very much.

PLEASE RESPOND A.S.A.P! MY BROTHER IS VERY WORRIED AND PLEASE ONLY ANSWER IF YOU HAVE HAD EXPIERENCE WITH THIS TYPE OF SITUATION OR IF YOU ARE TRAINED IN THE EYESIGHT FIELD.

I think it's very encouraging that he's able to see better and better out of his left eye, and it sounds to me like his right eye is improving bit by bit. At this point, I think it's best to understand that your doctors are not speculating because they don't want to get your hopes up while at the same time not wanting to discourage you either. It sounds to me without seeing any pictures or knowing the situation that your brother received a lot of damage to his eye, so they can't guess at his recovery. I think that within a week or so, you will have a better idea.

I know that this is very frustrating, so I apologize if you feel that way. I hope that your brother recovers quickly--and please reassure your brother that things will work out for the best.