Whats with all the talk about carbs , proteins and fats. I am tired of hearing: "Oh if you want to lose weight avoid carbs and fats, and eat more proteins". Can anybody give me a clear definition on this stuff? What exactly should i know about these things? Which ones should i avoid and which ones should i eat more? Thanks

Hi, Good question, it seems that nowadays everybody is writing about these things as everybody knows about them. I have read a phew articles on weight lifting and nutrition but i was still puzzled about it. I would definitely like to know more about it. I know that proteins are good for muscles and body builders use them to gain muscles. Fats are just fats lol and they are useless. While carbs can also get you fat. Thats as far as i know.

Hello, I do not know that much about this stuff, i mean i did not learn it in school but i know basic stuff about it since i am working out for almost a year now. Carbs or Carbohydrates is basically a compound that is mostly sugar. It gives you energy if it's taken in normal amounts. Fats are also used for energy as well as carbs. When you run out of carbs your body will burn fat for energy. Proteins are made of hundred of smaller amino acids and they basically build your muscle. They repair any broken fibers in your muscles, like after you work out. I hope this helps