Hey there,

I am just wondering a few things here .. I am due for my period in a week, but I noticed today my cervix is low firm, but soft and the " opening " is softer as well as the surounding area is really mushy , still wet and i have clear with a bit of white " lumpy" mucas . Usually a week before my period its dry.

I have also noticed that I am a bit more tender in my lower abdomon area, and still have cramps off and on, on the left side.

Has anyone ever noticed this? Could i be pregnant, or just going on about nothing? :-)

I am feeling the same things...I know your post was like 2 months ago are you pregnent?

I have also got the exact same feelings/symptoms. Are either of you pregnant??

I wish you all had reposted because this is exactly how i am verbatum and I really need somef feedback on whether or not you were pregnant.. ?

can someone reply to this because i feel the same way too..the past two days my cervix has been really low for two days..yesterday hard and today its mushy and i can feel the opening, i keep getting slight aches in my pelvic region and i woke up two days this week with lower back pain having to urinate really bad, and i am really gasseous..my b/f and i had sex for the first time a week ago right after my period and we didnt use a condom, but he pulled out for ejaculation..and yes ..i know you can get pregnant on precum...im on BC but i was taking bactrim at the time and it says to use another form of birth control ( didnt think about it because im used to the fact that my ex from a couple months ago--has a REALLY low sperm count)

and yes..to the other posts saying u cant get pregnant from precum...my friend liz did at the age of 16 and had a beautiful baby boy(even though she was 16...eek)

From all the reading I've done (because I'm experiencing the same symptoms), we are likely all just PMSing. The cervix is the lowest when we ovulate (about 1.5 - 2 weeks before we get our periods).

I had the same annoying back pain around the same time I notice my low cervix... too bad they never taught us women this sh*t in school!

I'm sorry but its soooo not true that the cervix is at its lowest at ovulation because thats when the cervix is at its absolute highest for most women and no you cant get pregnant from precum. precum is exactly what its name means its "before cum" its sole purpose is to lubricate the penis and make entry easier.

You're right, Precum alone will not get you pregnant. It's purpose is more to clear the way so the sperm has an easier time getting where ever it's going. BUT with the help of Precum, you can POSSIBLY get pregnant. For example, if your guy had ejaculated earlier, and not bathed or otherwise been cleaned prior to having unprotected sex with you, then that precum is going to act like a bus picking up hitch hikers, clearing the way for the new sperm coming. So it is possible to get pregnant in this way (though unlikely I think), and is why they say "Always use a condom" or other means of birth control.
Sounds so gross, doesn't it?

well that is wrong...do some research people...Pre cum DOES have sperm in it! around ovulation...your cervix is at is highest and softest. your cervix can change often during the day. mine stays high right until my period arrives..then thats when it drops down...its different for everyone.

I just love when people come on these kind of sites, give their feed back..thinking they are so smart and then finish off their sentences with..."you should have been taught this in school".

for all those who read comments like that.....dont pay attention to those people. if you have a question, ask it. dont be afraid to even ask the "silly" question ;-)

I just need a clarification - what does it mean when your cervix is low hard and closed and then becomes low and soft and closed a few days later?

:$
Well, my cervix is hard as of now.. Right before my cycle, and it's been hard and dry for the past 3 days. Now, I don't know what is going on. I had my tubes tied in 99, and that's been some years ago. My cycles hasn't came on the right day in over 2 months.. Always early and now.. I'm 1 day away from my cycle date, and is having some issues with my body. I'm going to the doctor if nothing change in the next 3 days.

Ya precum does have sperm in it... I got pregnant with precum because every time i had sex my boyfriend pulled out and came outside of me each time. I got pregnant still... that means that I got pregnant with precum... and if you look at the ratings of pulling out it only works like 80 percent of the time and thats probably with men who arent very fertile.

Ok first off, apparently she who claimed to have done research either didn't or didn't check their sources. the cervix is SOFT, HIGH, AND OPEN during ovulation. u can google this and find answers on various CREDIBLE websites, another thing i must correct- pre cum does not serve to lubricate the vagina. pre cum as another poster correctly stated serves to lubricate the urethra for the sperm to pass through. pre-ejaculation fluid in itself does not contain sperm or any other viable reproductive material- it can however pick up sperm that were left behind in the urethra from previous ejaculations. it's a very rare incidence but nonetheless possible. the cervix is also HIGH and SOFT during pregnancy, however it will most probably be closed, however this is hard to ascertain if you do not know what YOUR cervix feels like for instance, in contrast, while open. i have one child and a total of 2 pregnancies, and my cervix was high and soft, as described. take into account that ALL VAGINAS ARE DIFFERENT (LOL) and the way something FEELS is a subjective idea- in lay terms it is individual, so what feels high or firm might feel opposite to someone else. the only way to know for sure if you have conceived is to take a pregnancy test.

you can get pregnant off of pre cum and there are reasons for that.... the best things to do when there is a possibility that you might be pregnant is just to take good care of your self and wait til you missed your period so you can take a test...

JUST SO YOU ALL KNOW I HAVE HAD 3 KIDS. WE USED THE PULL OUT METHOD ON ALL OF THEM.NOT CAUSE WE DIDNT WANT TO GET PREGNANT BUT BECAUSE I DONT LIKE THE FEELING AFTER A GUY EJACULATES INSIDE OF ME AND CONDOMS MAKE ME ITCHY LOL. SO YES YOU CAN GET PREGNANT FROM PRE EJACULATION. AND IM HAVING THE SAME SYMPTOMS. LOW SOFT CERVIX FOR ABOUT A WEEK NOW. STOMACHE ACHE NAUSEA DIARHEA AND EXTREMELY SENSETIVE TO SMELLS. I CANT EVEN WASH DIRTY DISHES RIGHT NOW. SO IF I FIND OUT IM PREGNANT I WILL POST FOR ALL TO SEE IN CASE ANYONE ELSE COMES ON HERE CONCIRNED WITH THERE CERVIX'S . :-)