my girlfriend started her period on july 4th and got off on the 9th and then me and her had unprotected sex for only 30-40 seconds tops and the last ejaculation i had was the night before probably about 20 hours before and i had peed a good 8 times since then ... her period is always very long around 35 days or so and she has been stressing out about this and i am leaving for college and she is stressing about that too .... she also started a new acne medicine this month ... what do you think are the chances of her being pregnant?

Hey hun ,
Let me put this straight and simple to you, you can get pregnant even if penetration was only 30-40 seconds because precum does have small amounts of sperm in it. Put simply: it does'nt matter if you ejaculated the night before and peed, because the precum could have gotten her pregnant. REMEMBER: birth control! CONDOMS CONDOMS CONDOMS!

there is always a risk of STDs here as well. Think before you do, practise safe sex!!

you can take the Emergency Contraception pill up to 72 hours after sex in the UK and up to 5 days in the US, you can get this from any doctor of family planning clinic.

dont mean to sound harsh ;)
all my love
kee
xx

Yes, I also have heard about this even if I didn't believe that you can actually get pregnant by precum. Sure, getting pregnant is not that easy, but if someone is "lucky" (depends on what someone considers as a luck), yes - you can totally get pregnant by precum. 

My good friend got pregnant by the method of interrupted coitus and that is an obvious fact that anything is possible. I know that a lot of girls are now shocked with those facts because they believe that, if the boy didn't finish inside, they can't get pregnant.Wrong! Sure, pulling out may cause a lower risk of getting pregnant, but there will always be a chance of pregnancy due to precum. Hope it helps. 

No you CAN NOT get her pregnant from precum unless you just ejaculated and did not urinate in between ejaculations to flush out any remaining sperm!! The precum is an alkaline fluid that that prepares the ejaculate to come out with the sperm. Precum originates from the cowpers glands and has NOTHING to do with where sperm comes from (testicles.) Precum most often DOES NOT contain sperm. I hate how all these kids are scared because of the urban myth that precum contains sperm all of the time. Yes theoretically it is possible, but not likely if you haven't ejaculated for a while and in your case you urinated several times. I think they try to scare youngsters away from withdrawal method because usually inexperienced, very turned on young males are the ones who don't know their body as well and can't determine when to take their penis out before they actually do ejaculate. Believe me when I tell you, I have used the withdrawal method for 10 years. The ONLY 2 times I got pregnant was when he ejaculated inside of me AND I was ovulating. Take it easy.

In My Opinion,

Yes you Can get her pregnant from precum,

My Nephew can vouch for that (he was born from "dry humping")

Look up a few of the studies & you will see that most people agree that precum is off an Contaminated with a small amount of living sperm, And there is a big debate is how it gets contaminated,

The last study I read about 3 months back was looking at the possibility of the contamination may come from Testicular Leakage as they found that 73% of test subjects who had not ejaculated in 9 days where still testing positive of having dead sperm in there urine, it was thought that as the sperm was in the urine the leakages had reach the Prostate & therefore could cause contamination when the Cowper’s Gland is active. I.e. When you Precum,

I will do some new research in any new study’s if/when I get time.

& I will post the info of that last study I read is soon as I find it (if I can ) , I have it somewhere (I hope) I updated my comp 5 weeks back so don’t know if/where I backed it up to :?

Yes I 2nd That!

Always Use Condoms,

It’s Just Not Worth The Risk! :D

Speak soon.

-AJ-

AJ88,
Thankyou for backing me up, it is true that precum can cause pregnancy, and the more and more people who are under the delusion that this is'nt the case needs to be educated, Thats the key is'nt it? Education! sex ed! The more people we educate the less unwanted pregnancies we will have, look at the Netherlands, how low is their unwanted pregnancy stats because they have sufficient education?

Anyways, thats my moan lol
Kee
xx

Journal of Assisted Reproduction Genetics, 2003 Apr;20(4):157-9. Zukerman asked "Does preejaculatory penile secretion originating from Cowper's gland contain sperm?" - conclusion: "Preejaculatory fluid secreted at the tip of the urethra from Cowper's gland during sexual stimulation did not contain sperm and therefore cannot be responsible for pregnancies during coitus interruptus."

Here's another two studies that were studying the HIV viral load in pre-ejaculate and incidentally showed that there isn't sperm:

Ilaria G, Jacobs JL, Polsky B, Koll B, Baron P, MacLow C, Armstrong D, Schlegel PN. Detection of HIV-1 DNA sequences in pre-ejaculatory fluid. Lancet 1992;340:1469.

Pudney J, Oneta M, Mayer K, Seage G, Anderson D. Pre-ejaculatory fluid as potential vector for sexual transmission of HIV-1. Lancet 1992;340:1470.

PIP: A study in Boston, Massachusetts, and another study in New York City examined samples of pre ejaculate fluid from HIV seropositive and HIV seronegative men to determine whether HIV was or was not present in pre ejaculate fluid. The researchers found macrophages and CD4 lymphocytes in most samples, indicating that HIV was present. The more significant finding, however, was that most pre ejaculate samples did not contain any sperm and those that did had only small clumps of a very small amount of sperm which seemed to be immobile. A larger study is needed to verify these results. If these results are confirmed, they may dispel the myth that pre ejaculate fluid contains sperm. An ongoing WHO/USAID study shows that the pregnancy rate caused by men with 3 million sperm/ml/ejaculation is very low; fertility clinics consider men with a sperm count of no more than 5 million/ml to be infertile, particularly if is there is low motility. The average ejaculation has about 100 million sperm/ml, but about 10 million sperm pass through the cervical mucus, about 1 million make it to the top of the uterine tract, and just about 100,000 sperm reach the fallopian tubes. Thus, only a couple of sperm, assuming motility, would reach the fallopian tubes in the case of the pre ejaculate samples with some sperm, which tended to be immobile (sperm levels only in the 1000s). Thus, the probability of pregnancy is very love if pre-ejaculate fluid enters the vagina. Pre-ejaculate fluid of 6 of the 9 HIV seropositive donors in Boston and 6 of the 14 HIV seropositive donors in New York contained HIV, regardless of symptom status or antiretroviral therapy status. Thus, the risk of HIV transmission may be higher than unplanned pregnancy, so people should use condoms before the penis enters the vagina, mouth, or anus.

My wife and I have been using the withdrawal method for over 8 years and she only got pregnant twice when I intentionally ejaculated inside of her.  This tells me my pre-cum has no sperm or very little at all.  We usually have sex for a very long time, about 45 minutes to 1 hour per session. (I'm not bragging :-) ) so  I know over the years a ton of pre-cum must have leaked inside her.

I suspect females who claimed they got pregnant from pre-cum did have their partner ejaculate inside of them.  I also suspect that inexperienced guys are quick to ejaculate and can't control themselves. 

To use the withdrawal method, the male must know his body and must be alert.  He must realize he's ready to ejaculate and must be in the right position to withdraw.  He must also not be drunk, high or non-caring about what he is doing.

Actually you need to be educated,there have been several small studies done on this subject which concluded that precum usually does not contain sperm and when it does they are most likely dead!Granted they were small studies and further research is needed but Those are the scientific facts as we have them today.(these studies can be found online).I

I know this a very old thread, however I am sick to death of the attitude that many adults have to younger adults and children when it comes to precum.  How is it in their interest to use mistruths about sex, because they are smarter than you think.  They can research the web and find the scientifically backed up information about precum, and not the hersay and anecdotal evidence that populates these kinds of forums.  Once they do this they will no longer trust the good information given.

From what I have found there have been 4 studies of pre ejaculate.  3 were smaller studies and they concluded that precum rarely contained sperm, or it if did, it was very small amounts of immobile dead sperm.  1 study, and the most recent and largest, found that of the 27 males volunteers, 11 had sperm in their precum.  10 of these had large quantities (though generally what would be considered a low sperm count in proper ejaculate).  However, there was one MAJOR factor in this, the publishers admitted that some of the volunteers could well have used their actual ejaculate as a sample due to not being able to produce precum.  Some men don't produce much precum at the best of times.  To me this was a big disappointment that they didn't factor in this possibility in their study beforehand, otherwise we would finally have something very definitive on the precum debate.  It still remained however that 16 of the men had no sperm whatsoever and 1 had too little to be considered a pregnancy risk.  Also, beyond the reason mentioned the study didn't offer any ideas as to why some men might leak semen into their precum, leaving the study very inconclusive, unlike the other 3.  Bear in mind, it is a scientific fact that precum comes from a separate, non sperm producing gland, that is physically further down the line, so to speak, than where semen comes out in an orgasm.   

Reading the research of the above studies and that of the withdrawal technique which has been studied separately (google it), precum is not in itself responsible for making babies, and when it is it is very rare and due to certain conditions such as not urinating following a previous ejaculation.  That is my opinion, not a scientifically backed up one, but I feel a well educated one.  According to a scientific study, if used well, the withdrawal technique is comparable to a condom at preventing babies, but it's much easier to put a condom on than get withdrawal right, especially when young.  So, if you are not in a long term relationship, a condom is the smart option over both Withdrawal and the Pill (read on).    

So, if you are having sex with different untested partners you should neither use the pill or withdrawal techniques without using a condom...ever!  Why?  Because precum DOES contain certain STDs when the man is infected with them (this is hard scientific fact, unlike the precum debate).  Yes, I include the pill, a contraceptive that never gets attacked like the withdrawal technique yet is just as ineffective at stopping STDs.  

To conclude, the OP (who has long since discovered if their girlfriend was pregnant or not) must realise that in their circumstances pregnancy isn't the thing to concern yourself with if you didn't ejaculate (because it's very rare), its STDs!  They are real, many people have them without any symptoms whatsoever, but you could spend the rest of your life living with something that ruins your confidence, prevents you from having sex, may prevent you having a child when you want one, and could well prevent you from ever having another loving relationship entirely.  This is the real risk of precum, not babies!

Hey guys, umm, i had unprotected sex with my girlfriend right... and after when i felt like i was about to come... i held it in. pulled out and then ejaculated. i made sure i ejaculated after i pulled out.. is there a chance she can get pregnant?!

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_chances_of_getting_pregnant_from_'pre-ejaculatory_fluid'

this should help.i found this and a few other site referencing the same studies which i then traced back to a medical website that included entries from medical research books.like the kind you could find in med-school. to sum it up those who's minds are easily put to rest,pre-ejaculate  in and of itself no sperm.while many online chats will say otherwise and they even teach you differently in  class in highschool,the books are often outdated and the common poster often ignorant. the small trace of sperm found in precum,if any at all, is left over from a previous ejaculation the male has failed to rid himself of by urination. even these  most often for all functional purpose,DEAD. 

If precum can make you pregnant, then lot of infertile man will having babies. Even precum did have sperms, it will be very minute sperm count to be consider as fertile.

How did it go... Mines went the same way.. Did she get pregnant?

where do you get this evidence that precum has sperm in it? do some research. Precum is made from a different gland then what sperm is made from.....