hey, first of all thanks for all the replies it just makes life easier reading other people experiences. Ok so iv had the same problem for quite a while now, its a pinch feeling on the left side of my chest ( i seem to think its my heart itself ) and when it happens i cant take longer breaths anymore else it would hurt. it lasts for a minute or more and i just try not to move my body in that time. I was really scared about the whole thing and i dont know what it is. so for about a month i never experienced this feeling and on the time i was on holiday in Berlin, Germany. There i pretty much changed my lifestyle routine, starting from Food and daily routine ( i was doing alot of traveling) in opposition to just staying home when i was in my home country. Now im not doing any kind of exercise and i got the pinches feeling last night :[. I think best thing to solve this problem out of my experience is to Exercise (do some sports), eat well and sleep as well. I hope this could help you guys!

I have had ALL of the described symptoms, (and then some), stated in the above posts. I'm 28, a certified personal trainer, EXTREMELY athletic and health conscious. The pinching in the heart area is come and go every single day along with the "bubble guts". I have had two EXTREME panic attacks in the past couple of months, to where one of them I had my fiance drive me to the hospital. One block away from the ER, it went away, like a tornado. My doc prescribed me Lexapro, which I don't take in fear of sexual side affects, and low mg xanex. I take one xanex before bed at night or when I'm feeling anxious, and I'm good. The pinching is there, but no attacks. If you know your healthy, and doctors have cleared you after your tests, then it is only anxiety. I have been through numerous deaths of people very close to me in the past couple of years, have money problems (like almost everyone in America rite now) and my job is pretty intense at times. I find exercise is my "release" and it also lets me know it is not a heart problem. If it was, I wouldn't be able to train Mixed Martial Arts, lift weights, or do cardio without dropping dead. It is a horrible thing to experiance/live with, anxiety and panic attacks, and I wouldn't wish it uppon anyone. The worst part is telling people, even doctors about it, because the constant crazy look you get when you reveal these things is enough to drive you into another attack and makes you feel like a crazy person. Read up on anxiety and panic attacks. Educate yourselves and learn what the triggers are and learn how to control your breathing. Hope this helps........

I'm a 35 year old female, overweight about 60 pounds. I have been dealing with stress and anxiety for almost a decade. In the past 5 years I have had about 10 episodes of what everyone is describing here... pinching (I can point out the exact spot) in my chest to the right, seemingly over my heart. It is almost always accompanied by stiffness in my neck, burping, feeling really warm and weak. Sometimes the pain radiates to my back in my right shoulder blade. It feels necessary and gives a bit of relief to put pressure on the spot when the pain comes. Usually I can make my way through it by lieing down and trying my best to relax and breath and wait for the pain to subside (which it eventually does) then I feel EXTREMELY exhausted and I fall asleep. The last episode though, the pain was too much. I called an ambulance unable to drive myself to the hospital. Paramedics didn't see anything wrong with my vitals but I was still in awful pain so I went to the hospital. They did an EKG and said I wasn't having a heart attack. While waiting, about 2 hours later, the pinching had almost nearly dissapeared. After a half hour with no pinching, I left, figuring they wouldn't be able to do anything for me. I'm going to make another appointment with my doctor. I can usually tell when I have an anxiety attack coming on but it didn't feel like that this time. Afterwards though, I feel locked up, pain in my right arm, headache... just drained. I wish there was something I could do to either prevent that from ever happening again or at the very least, knowing I'm not going to die that moment and not feel a need to go to the hospital where the treatment you get sometimes makes you want to run away ~ even in pain : / It just seems like the moment you tell them you do have issues with stress and anxiety, you're wasting their time. It seems to me, I am a likely candidate to begin to have heart issues at this rate. I don't want to go in one day just to hear them say 'she's been in for this before' (I think I may have gone to emerge once in the past 5 years for this other than this last time but I can't even be sure. I could hear them trying to locate my 'old chart' which apparently didn't have an EKG to compare to. What is physically happening to cause this pinching pain? Maybe if I understood it better... I thought it was from lack of oxygen but my oxygen levelse seemed to be fine in the ambulance although they gave me an oxygen mask as a precaution. Another strange thing... my blood pressure is usually borderline high, but in the ambulance it was 119/60 which is quite low for me.

hi everyone, ihave been having similar problems. small pinches that last for seconds. Also a tiny pinch in my back. Sometimes problems breathing. i am a smoker so it probably does not help to smoke.
Doctors have told me not to worry, i still do, and are afraid. I dont want to call them again because i am embarred. I dont know what to do. maybe i will wait a week and if it does not go away then go.
advice anyone?
Again it is small tiny pinches, every here or there. In the cold it gets worse. maybe its a chest cold.
thank you

i feel a lot better reading everyone's responses. i KNOW i'm stressed and a very anxious person so that's probably where the pinching chest pain is coming from. just like everyone else [pretty much] says...not constant, comes and goes, etc.

Hi everyone, I feel better when I listen to other people having the same issues with the pinching in the heart are as I have. I am a 27 years old hispanic male, 5'6, and 127 lbs. I have a good health overall because I never feel any pains at all, EXCEPT, the pinching that goes on top of my heart, specifically, the skin that is immediately on top of the heart. I know the heart is located just beneath it because of my anatomy courses. It is weird because it comes and goes not very often, it comes it goes like for a week or so, and then disappears even for months, it usually happens when I am sitting in my room studying. It is a terrible feeling I understand each and everyone of you. Last year, when it started, I went to the ER because it was happening every single day like 10 or 12 times per day. Even when I was sleeping it woke me up all of the sudden. So at the ER they did the x-rays and EKG and the doctor said that the heart was not enlarged and the electrical system of my heart was k. So he gave 800 mg of ibuprofen, and sent me home. The medical record said that it might be a muscle spam, or reflux from my stomach. After taking ibuprofen the pain slowly dissipated, and I started to feel better. However, it was never gone, 2 or 3 pinches now and then continued to happen. THE PINCHES ALWAYS IN THE ZONE WHERE THE HEART is present, never, in another site. So, I decided to go to cardiologist, and they did stress test. They said I have a perfect heart. Even though, I was diagnosed with systolic murmur when I was a child. The cardiologists said that it was nothing to worry about. Then, all of the sudden the pinching pain went away like for 6 months. The only thing they said I should take is ibuprofen. Now, I am feeling the same pinching pain again, but I try not to pay attention to it because I have changed my lifestyle, I am going to the gym, and do cardio, also I try to sleep more, and move around when I am studying. I mean, I try to walk around library while reviewing concepts, and I am always striving for breaking the sedentary habit of been sitting for long periods of time. The interesting thing is that new research suggests that ibuprofen increases the risk of heart attack in healthy people. And it seems like when I drink ibuprofen I feel better. I wish a feel the pinching pain everywhere but not on top of the heart. It makes things different.
Let's see what happens.

I have pinching/stabbing pains in my chest area from time to time. For me I have noticed it is when I bend/lean over, take a deep breath or cough. I am about 90 lbs overweight and have come to the conclusion that I am so fat that there is little space/room for comfort in my chest area. For when I don't bend/lean over, don't take deep breaths and don't cough I don't have the pains. I have virtually zero stress and no anxiety in my life so I know it is not that. I just need to lose the excess weight and free-up some room in my chest/belly area so that the pain will go away. I know what to do. Now doing it? Aye! That's the rub!

i have also experience the pinching sensations. For me it started with a sharp pain in the middle of my chest, after 3 weeks it went away. I went to the ER twice for chest pains but EKG were normal. They treated me for anxiety attack. However i have been feeling these pinches on my left side. I just had a stress test and will soon get a holter and an echo done for my heart. The doctor prescribe me a high blood pressure medication however by reading it's content... i don't feel confortable taking it.. becuause you can't stop taking it all of the sudden. i will wait until i get the results for my heart and see if there is something wrong with it. But with reading all of these comments it make me feel that it might be stress related. My gosh im only 29 years old and I'am think i'am gonna die everyday that passes by. I thank GOD everyday i wake up. GOD help us all.

I understand completely, I'm actually only here because I wanted to check for a psudo-diognosis. for the past couple of months I've also been having this weird pinching feeling around the front and sides of my ribcage. I'm 21, 5'4", 160lb, have a low heartrate, have never had a problem with anxiety, and I don't drink that much. At the same time, I think if the pinches get any worse or if I can find a specific trigger, I'm gonna talk to a doctor. Thank you so much for posting this so that I know that it isn't that serious. I thought perhaps, I might have damaged some nerves or muscles or something with this constraining costume I was wearing for a play.

I have dealt with chest pain ever since I was maybe 10 years old. I would have pains occasionally when I inhaled deeply. Sometimes the pain would linger for a day or 2. I have noticed now (age 25) random sharp/pinching pulses of pain on the left side of my chest (same location as the other pains-near my heart). They last maybe 1-2 seconds. I have asthma but not sure if that would be really. I am also overweight by maybe 80 pounds. I am going to see my NP next week to see what she thinks. My dad said he had the same thing long ago, and the doctor gave him a few small (blue?) pills. He said he hasn't had the pain since. Don't know what those pills were though.

I am a 33yr old female with chronic anxiety i have had chest pains, pinching,lower back pain to swelling in the ankles PLEASE take my advise get further tests done.I found out that I had a 100% BLOCKAGE and almost had to have a bypass done after suffering all these years and still living with C.A.D never 2nd guess your pains like i did..

im having the exact same thing and all i keep getting is them telling me to take antacids,i dont even have indigestion.i have also been given xanax prn, and zoloft, now welbutrin. my LDL is down to 114 but they want me down to 70. i was 186 when i found out about my heart attack. i did have a heart attack about a year ago and am on many different meds. sometimes i think its them causiing it. i think of death often now.i have sone alot of reading about cholesterol. i just noticed how old your post is... did you ever find out what it was? please let me know

i am 20, 69 kgs and have 300+ cholesterol level , i am taking crestor and get this pinching feeling on the left side under my breast and sometimes up! i have very stressful days i am guessing it is because of that! what did help you?

Watsup. Im a male 17 years old and i can relate. I get this weird feeling sometimes when im jus laying down weird or when i take deep breath and my heart races a little idk if this is from anxiety or stress but i go to the gym and do intense workouts and cardio so maybe it can be from that because i never had it before i started working out. Im goin to go to the doctor to see what it is but ive been told its somewhat normal in teens an young adults.

i didnt really pay attention till after my heart attack. i always just thought i had anxiety.