I'm 20 years old male and got this pinching pain since i was 17 or 18. It always arises in the left part of the chest near the heart. Initially it's frequency was very low but now it has somewhat increased. I'm having the pain as i write this post. The dilemma is that if it is stress which i don't feel mentally, how can i overcome this, cuz sometimes the pain id excrutiating.

my name is Gil B.

What you have i agree with ,i am going to see a doctor latter on today 

and find out what he thinks.The only thing  is some times like you said they say one thing

and you find you have to see some kind of specialist,because nobody knows whats going on

Im 15 years old 5'7 110 pounds and i have this too so if youu found anything out please let me know id like to know!

It's amazing to see how many of you there are out there!!! I finally type in the right words describing my "condition" and discover so many people describing the same symptoms. Like you, I've been experiencing pinching for years and I as I am getting older, 3 young children, the pinching & discomfort  last longer and sometimes closer together, from one week to the next , instead of once a month or just a few times a year. I've been getting worried lately... I know it's nerve related... I know it's lack of sleep... I also know that stress kills... so at the end of the day, the thing to look out for is "what's good for us!" if it means making change,( as I know it... it's easier said then done) better that then have a nervous breakdown or worse case scenario....  heart disease or attack! I will now take a deep breath, I will stop thinking that I'm going to die in my sleep and I will start to exercise... sleep more hours and take on less tasks per day. Hope you'll think of doing the same for yourselves ;)

What most of you have, including myself, is called Precordial Catch Syndrome. It's a malfunctioning nerve near your heart caused by certain muscle fibers tensing up, or something along those lines. It is usually caused by anxiety or stress, especially if you have had at least one major panic attack. I think of it as sort of a cramp. It happens when you are not active, like lying down in bed or sitting down for a while. There is no real cure, but PCS is not harmful besides the annoyingness of the pinching, so doctors usually don't even prescribe anything for it. Just remember 3 things: sleep, exercise, and eat right. It is important to know that I'm not a doctor - I'm a 19 year old who talked to a doctor about this, and what I explained here is roughly how he explained it to myself. Not everyone here may have PCS, but I am willing to bet that is the case for most people. If you suffer from anxiety and panic disorder like myself, then you can almost be positive that you have PCS.

Hi  I am having very similar problems, the last twelve months have been nothing but pinching and pulling on my left shoulder and chest right in the middle, I have had a CT angio all clear, two chest xrays, chest ct all clear and bloods and keep visiting my GP.  I dont know what else to do, it annoys me, everyone keeps saying its anxiety its not your heart (which I know cause I've done the tests)  but you just cant help to always think its your heart.  I had really bad episodes of anxiety in 2012 where i was freaking out a night and all day, i did a session of hypnotherapy which helped, but the piching pain still remains..  my GP tells me to take vitamins, which I have with minimal effect.  Stress can play a big part.  I am over the anxiety part, but just want these pulling and pinching pains to go  is there anything else im not doing that i should be doing?? 

I have the same symptoms. I constantly have a pinching/stabbing feeling under my left breast that sometimes radiates to my back, shoulder blade area. It scares me very much and am now too on Xanex on an as needed basis. I feel I won't ever get better. The pain is so consistent, along with dizzy spells that I'm always fearing the worse... A heart attack in my 30's. I'm always worried and think about it 24/7 now.

i have those same symptoms too sometimes when the pinching takes place in my chest i can hardly breathe which last for about 10 seconds. sometimes i have to sit one place and wait until i feel better. i did an Ekg last year and also blood test but it showed everything was normal,also visited the heart specialist and he said everything was ok but i stil feel the pinch in my chest close to my heart..

did you tried to see if you have any kind of injectable microstimulator (vagus nerve) that had maybe caused you nervous damage... and chest pain?? 

***post is edited by moderator *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

i am 30 1.54m and weigh 55kg...I have the same dull ache in the starts on the left but can feel it in the middle of my chest. I too went to a doctor and i was told its stress...i am also fit so i mus hve one heck of stress cause its now a few months later and still have it...

First of all; stop googling your symptoms. If your problem IS stress related, then what you find when you search google will most likely exacerbate your stress level.  The heart does not have any pain receptors. Therefore, the body manifests heart pain/problems as: chest pressure/tightness, left arm pain/numbness, jaw or throat pain, and generalized chest pain that often is described as heartburn-like.

If the pain is new, get it checked out. If it occurs often, it is probably stress related. Dwelling on the pain can cause psychosomatic problems; your mind causes the pain to become worse because of the mind-body connection.  For safety, check your pulse and blood pressure to make sure they are within normal limits.

Interventions include: Deep breathing exercises to promote relaxation and stress reduction.

Just remember. Anxiety is now a fully recognised illness. I have dealt with it a lot.. all I can suggest is that you all get a b12 check and see a sleep specialist. As these things helped me. Yes I do have stuff wrong with me.

This makes me feel alot better. I just went in today for blood tests and X-rays to find out why I've been having this chest pain. I've had it for a bout 5 years now. Ever since I had a traumatic experience that caused depression and anxiety. Everything makes me anxious. Even things as simple as eating something gross. I've always kind of knew it was from stress, but couldn't understand how stress could effect me so much that it caused this horrible pain in my chest. So I finally went in to see a doctor. I'm hoping it's the same as all of you, stress. And if it is a murmur, ill be alright. Wish me luck!

Hey guys, about the pinching and chest pain etc... I would really recommend taking a magnesium supplement, because I am willing to bet that mostly everyone on here doesn't get the daily required amount from our terrible processed foods. Try the liquid ionic form, MgCl, will probably be from the ocean as a source. The other forms of magnesium supplements are garbage, gut will absorb only a trivial amount. This will make you feel more relaxed, as well as take away any awareness of heartbeats. Just wanted to share this, I hope it will help someone. BTW, only take  about 400 mg, and it will literally taste like drinking ocean water.. so try to mix it with orange juice. You can find MgCl at a local health foods store, make sure it is ionic/liquid, I haven't tried the other forms because this form has the highest bioavailability and quite frankly worked the best. There is no reason for us guys in our 20's to have these issues, and chances are it is from a deficiency caused from stress and foods that lack nutritional value. I'd be happy to hear from anyone that is able to recover from their issues by trying this type of supplement. nmartinez618@gmail

Good luck guys, I know you can beat these symptoms, never give up.

I'm older women and been having the pinching feeling on the left side of my chest.  I thought the same thing is it my heart?  After several years I come to feel maybe the doctor is right it's heart burn and to let it lay. 

I had a stent put in my LAD and been told I had a heart attack when they don't know?  I have blockages but can't do anything about them. I have very small veins and I know this to be true because, I have so much trouble when they try to draw blood.

Now adays the chest pains I experiences on and off have change and the pincing have gone and lately come back.  I am tired being told they don't know.  So I have given up and don't talk about what I feel any more.  Besides the latest doctors don't take any of my heart problems seriously.  They didn't even finish my last stress test....even said it look normal? So why should I even tell these doctors a thing?

Right now my PCP change to another Heart doctor because they were upset over them not caring about finishing the stress test.  So I have one tomorrow.

For now I still have including today those pinching on the left side of my chest.  I still today don't talk about them any further.  I do have leaky values they tell me but any one my age have them they tell me.  So I guess you either have to learn to live with the pain....or complain?  I ratther just get on with my life and try to take something for heart burn although I don't feel heart burn a lot...maybe that is all it is? 

good look