wow my cholesterol was only186 when i had my heart attck. i am on lipitor and fenofibrate for my cholesterol. it has brought it down to 86. i watch what i eat now to. very little salt, reduced fat intake and ive lost about 30 pounds. i really like my greens and fruits now also. i also drink more water now than i ever have in my whole life. good luck. keep getting checked.

i was told EKG s only look at that moment. i had to have an ultrasound on my heart to verify that i had a heart attack. my cholesterol wasnt very high. i had to have a stint put in. i still get pain. i take antacid tablets to help with the pinch. rolaids and tums arent always the cure. i take omozeprole 10 - 20 mg tabs. dont play with your heart tho. i joke about the ER being my address when i go in. but dont let their looks and stuff bother you. always get checked. the only stupid thing you can do is to not go get checked. but also look up things about you stomache, BTW i still panic about my heart and they say im ok. but my brain is my own worst enemy. i am learning through therapy to talk myself down (as i call it) its like a meditation of sorts. Good luck everyone.

My grand mother 65 india..has a similar complaint she is already on ecosprin ..takes drugs fr hypothyroidism..and is hypertensive since many years she feels these pinches often when something bothers her mentally like some tension...we might b wrong about its relation with tension...but someone please help, no more experimental drugs.

Thanx

I think you just described the exact symptoms I have. I am 5'7" and about 130 lb. I dont thinks its because you are over weight.

im fifteen and ive been having these for years it stoped for a few than came back

im sixteen and ive been having these for years it stoped for a few than came back

Hello, i am 15 years old. 75 pounds. no im not anorexic. just skinny. but im 5'1 and i have the same problam! I also have bad anxiety. but what really helpes me os going to.the chiropractor. you might wanna go. it really helped me and i havent had problems until my back and nerces pop bsck out.of.place. but it helps! I have the same problem right now as we speak, i also have a heart murmmer. i have to go to a heart specailist every 2 years.

I know that this may sound strange, but I have the same thing. It all started after my mom died, I had a panic attack. I got so scared that aI went to a cardiologist the next day. He did a ln EKG and an ECHO just in case but also sent me for son Thyroid tests and, wouldn't you know it, I have hyperthyroidism, and it makes the stress reaction waaaayyy worse. Just something else to consider.

I have the same issue it is actually the top of my stomach I produce too much acid and I have a bleeding ulcer. I have even had the iodine test done it is NOT your heart breathe and try to keep your stress low. Hope this helps. Mine gets worse as I eat or get stressed

Hi, I'm 16 (female), 148 pounds, and 5'5 tall. I have the same problem. It started off with a sharp, pinching pain that would last for about a second then go away and wouldn't happen again until a couple of days later. Then it started happening more often with more of a surging, in-and-out kind of pain that lasted over a minute of two. Just today it happened again, but kept happening every 5 minutes or so. It worried me so I went to my school nurse and she checked my heart rate and said that it was going up and down (when i looked it went from like 85 up to 90 something and kept doing that). But then she just told me it will probably go away and to go back to class.. -__- So I got online and started looking for answers and here I am. And suggestions what I should do?

this is the second time i had these pinching episodes, last time it was in the winter again and if i remember correctly i got a really bad cold at the same time.. i've asked my doctor and had test done on my heart and everything is fine.. it's from lack of sleep, stress, and possiably a bad diet, and being around many sick people, which im guilty of all...  it's flu season and it seem everyone is sick.. im feeling worn out and my body hurts all over so i believe with the lack of sleep and drinking multiple coffees a day.. thats why...so i wouldn't worry too much about it, unless there are more symptoms.. get some sleep, eat some vitamins, fruits, a steak for iron and don't stresssssss..... take care girl!!

Hello I am 59 and recently have been experiencing the same. I am not sure what the problem is but you should be checked for Marfan Syndrome because of your height. Good luck

Hello, I am a 33 year old female, over weight with chronic anxiety & depression. I think I am having the same thing. Tonight after finishing my bath I noticed this poking feeling every few seconds about a inch or two to the right of the center of my chest. It only lasts a second or two. It almost has a rhythm and I know when I am going to feel the next poke or pinch. It doesn't hurt so much and is more annoying than anything, but still noticeable. I did take 2 caffeine pills today, not at the same time, but about 4 hours apart like it saids I can on the box. I do this daily so it's not something new. I slept about 5 hours last night and I didn't really eat today, so I don't know if that matters or not. Being the paranoid freak that I am I had my Husband call 911 and they sent out a ambulance. Very nice team came out to assist me. They put the sticky things on me and did a EKG twice and they said there was no indication that my heart was damaged. She said my BP was better than hers and my Blood Sugar was 88 and fine. She said they could still take me to the ER have have the lab work done to see if it showed anything the EKG didn't, but I really really didn't want to so that. I am terrified of Hospitals and have had some really bad experiences in them. My anxiety was so bad when they were running the EKG that my legs were shaking uncontrollably and they had to keep telling me to take deep breaths. They said if I feel I need to go to call them back and they would be more than happy to take me. I still feel the poking/pinching in the same spot. I can pin point this and it's been about 2 or 3 hours now of this strange poking rhythm. I'm still paranoid that something is wrong with my heart, but my Hubby keeps saying I am fine and need to calm down. My anxiety h as been very very bad lately. I have been having crying fits for the past 2 weeks. My Mom was admitted into ICU on Christmas day and I really thought she was going to die. She got out of the hospital last week, but I still have been having anxiety and depression. So what is this? Is it really just anxiety and am I being a hypochondriac? I sure hope so. 

Look up Pre cordial catch syndrome. My son has had same issues and this is what we found.

My son has been experiencing same thing. We found out about something called PreCordial Catch syndrome. Look it up. I think you will relate.