Hey I can relate! I have the same thing! I fainted once, went to the hospital and they recommended I see a pedestrian (I'm almost 16 so that was strange) but they did some tests. They recommended a heart specialist. Well I went there had to have two tests done. I found out I had a leaking valve connected to my heart, which created a heart murmur. I am no longer able to drink caffeine. Been off for a year. It was pretty scary stuff. Nice knowing I'm not the only one experiencing this stuff. :)

plynkyme---- First of all your reply about the thyroid was very rude! Secondly you are WRONG about your reply other than the fact the thyroid is in your neck and not your chest. I have had hypothyroidism for 20 years and it most definitely can cause problems with your heart! It causes heart palpitations which you know is one of the many symptoms of hypothyroidism If you are unaware of this symptom I suggest you speak to your doctor or try a doctor that can inform you on hypothyroidism. Just because the thyroid is in your neck does not mean it can not effect your heart as well as many other parts of your body. Simply google the thyroid + heart problems and maybe you will learn something before you start calling others idiots when you obviously have no idea what you are talking about...

plykyme You are an id**t. You have no idea what you are talking about. Hyperthyroidism can cause those things. Sources: Cardiac Physician Assistant.

I know the feeling I enjoy sports and running etc but when I was 15 whenever attempted doing them at school or outside of school I started getting pains in the left side of my ribs I thought nothing of it till it happened again the following few weeks, I then cut down on sports and running and it stopped, but a year later it started again but also I was getting chest pains now and then, again thinking nothing of it I went on as normal then started with dizzy spells, small black outs and shortness of breath every now and again, I just assumed my sugar levels were low, but I'm 18 now and it has happened more in the past 2 years and I sleep more then I normally would which might just be a teen thing, I just got really panicky today cause I went dizzy and had chest pains on the way to college, in college and about an hour ago normally it happens once a week or every other week but i have no idea what is causing this.

I think its great that you are writing down your syptoms and fequency. Your syptoms sound really bothersom and its no wonder you are worryed I really hope your able to work it out. Below is a list of disorders which i looked into to explain my symptoms. It may help you to look at these.

Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome: or orthostatic intolerance, in which a change from the supine position to an upright position causes an abnormally large increase in heart rate, called tachycardia. People with POTS have problems maintaining homeostasis when changing position, i.e. moving from one chair to another or reaching above their heads

Orthostatic intolerance: upright posture causes blood pooling in lower body requireing rapid and effective circulatory and neurologic compensations to maintain blood pressure, cerebral blood flow, and consciousness. Triggers can be an upright posture for long periods of time (e.g. standing in line, standing in a shower, or even sitting at a desk).A warm environment (such as in hot summer weather, a hot crowded room, a hot shower or bath, after exercise).Emotionally stressful events (seeing blood or gory scenes, being scared or anxious).Inadequate fluid and salt intake.

Ehlers–Danlos syndrome (EDS): is a group of inherited connective tissue disorders causeing a host of different disorders including the above two (P.O.T.S and orthostatic intolerance)

hypothyroidism:is when the thyroid gland, located in the neck, does not produce enough hormones.

sypmtoms include: 

Early: Cold intolerance, increased sensitivity to cold, Constipation, Weight gain and water retention, Bradycardia (low heart rate – fewer than sixty beats per minute), Fatigue, Decreased sweating Muscle cramps and joint pain Dry, itchy skinThin, brittle fingernails, Rapid thoughts, Depression, Poor muscle tone (muscle hypotonia), Female infertility; any kind of problems with menstrual cycles, Hyperprolactinemia and galactorrhea Elevated serum cholesterol.

Late: Goiter, Slow speech and a hoarse breaking voice – deepening of the voice can also be noticed, caused by Reinke's Edema, Dry puffy skin, especially on the face, thinning of the outer third of the eyebrows (sign of Hertoghe), Abnormal menstrual cycles, Low basal body temperature, Thyroid-related depression, Infertility in both men and women, Mood swings, Acute fatigue syndrome, Stress, Decreased libido in menhypertension; Hypothyroidism increased peripheral vascular resistance, increase diastolic pressure, increased mean arterial pressurecarpal tunnel syndrome and bilateral paresthesias.

Uncommon: Impaired memory, Impaired cognitive function (brain fog) and inattentiveness, A slow heart rate with ECG changes including low voltage signals, Diminished cardiac output and decreased contractility Reactive (or post-prandial) hypoglycemia, Sluggish reflexes, Hair loss, Anemia caused by impaired haemoglobin synthesis (decreased erythropoietin levels), impaired intestinal iron and folate absorption or B12 deficiency from pernicious anemia, Difficulty swallowing, Shortness of breath with a shallow and slow respiratory pattern, Increased need for sleep, Irritability and mood instability, Yellowing of the skin due to impaired conversion of beta-carotene to vitamin A (carotoderma), Impaired renal function with decreased glomerular filtration rate, Acute psychosis (myxedema madness) (a rare presentation of hypothyroidism), Decreased libido in men due to impairment of testicular testosterone synthesis, Decreased sense of taste and smell (anosmia), Puffy face, hands and feet (late, less common symptoms)Gynecomastia Deafness, Enlarged tongue

I have had many different symptoms which i wouldn't of put together by myself (these included forgetfullness, feeling verry cold no mater what the room tempreture was, ice cold hands and feet, moments of confusion (during a dizzy spell and when standing still and in coversation with a friend trying to work out what the hec they were saying to me), brain fog, sudden onset of shortness of breath not induced by exersize, palputations, dizzyness when stretching to reach for items and when moving from seated to standing and exhaustion).

I have expereance blackouts across many years. Recently however the dizzy spells increased in frequency so much that it was happening everyday. I have a young baby girl and when I got up at night to do her bottle I felt like I was spinning even when i lay there flat on my bed. I havnt had dizzy spells only twingy pains wich feel like they eminate from joints but i have reacuring ones from my ribs just above my right breast.

It turns out I have Hypothyroidism and as it turns out I probably have had it years as it takes a long time in some cases for the hormone levels to become low enough for symptoms to worry you into seeing GP and get tested for anything. After mine was diagnosed I looked into the symptoms more and at forums and found the other more mild sypmtoms people have been experenceing matched mine even down to keratosis pilaris which i have had since i was 11 and my nail bed being soo pale you cant see the little semi circles under the nails and thick skin on the palms of my hands and feet as well as extra thick toenails. I have allways remembered being tiered and thought all these things where just normal.

I should also add that my daughter was born prematurly at 27weeks weighing 2lb 1 after premature rupture of membrains at 26weeks, which I didn't know untill after diagnoses, is related to hypothyroidism (wich can cause misscarage, premature birth and stillbirth) and is likely the cause of her coming early. Thankfully she has been a fighter and is relitivly healthy now and im soo blessed to have her especially considering the outcome of many babys borne prematurly the experience was very traumatic.

Im really happy to have been diagnosed and all it took was a quick blood test. My treatment involves taking a hormone replacment once a day for the rest of my life but at least I am now looking at a future without all those nasty symptoms and im so glad I looked into it myself and asked to be tested because undiagnose my easily treatable condition could of progressed and caused some very seariouse conditions:

infertility and recurrent pregnancy loss

heart attacks and clogged arteries

high cholesterol levels

difficulty losing weight

exacerbated menopausal symptoms

fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome

carpal tunnel syndrome and tendinitis

low sex drive

mitral valve prolapse

myxedema coma or crissis

I hope you find your answers soon and get sorted. Good luck and best wishes. There is allways hope and your answer will come soon.

i can feel what word often goes in your mouth,thank you wish that we will be alright

I am going through the exact same thing you are and can't stand it anymore. my head hurts so bad the the point I just want to die. if you ever ever ever find out what this is please let me know. I cant afford a doctor and I fear the worst everyday. I hopethings have gotten better for you, im still struggling. all the stupid doctors here tell me its my high blood pressure, but I know its something more.

Hi, I'm Shannon I'm a female and I'm 12 years old I'm having breathing issues and I have chest pains it feels like books stacked on top of my chest I started getting the chest pains last night and they aren't going away my parents think it's asmea (sorry if I misspelled that) and I don't know what to do help?

I'm having the same problem! the dizzy spells ,my heart beating abnormally and horrible chest pains where I'm laying on the floor crying and I'm also 16! This has been happening for 6 years now as the doctors say I'm healthy, but I feel like its getting worse and my parents dot even care.

IF YOU FIND OUT WHAT IT IS PLEASE TELL ME

I`m 16 and i have been blacking out and been dizzy cant eat it makes me sick to my stomache my head hurts !!! and I got the pain

I know my parents dont even believe me

I am a 16 year old female too, and I have the SAME EXACT PROBLEM. I went to the doctor and she gave me an x-ray and said it could be asthma and she gave me an inhaler. (I was young) Now, it's worse and it recently has been hurting SOOOO much. I HATE it. It's like I could die at any second. 

I am 15 and I have similar symtoms . I have trouble breathing at times , and every time I get up I blackout & get dizzy .

Hi Im 13 And Constantly I Been Gettong Aching Pains In My Heart And I Been Getting Dizzy Whats A Possibilty ? Please Reply Asap And Sorry For My Grammar