some of the same things happened to me while i was in my early teens: chestpains, shortness of breath, black outs whenever i stood up from the sofa or a chair. The answer was actually quite simple.. if you have experienced that you have suddently grown a lot taller in your teens, sometimes the bloodcirculation cannot follow your growth which means that everytime you stand up from a position where your heart doesn't have to beat that hard to get the blood flowing to your brain, the heart has not yet accounted for the extra inches you have grown, and can therefore not get the blood all the way up too your brain in time.. : result = blackout

so Trihsa i suspect you have been growing taller this year ?? if you have, then this could be the answer

regards, Philip

its likely you could have a brian tumour i know its not the best knews but alot of your symtoms point 2 something to do with the brian , dont not take my diagnosis seriously before seeing a doctor please ! you could just be eniemic ? you can get iron water to help it , you can check if you have this by pulling down your bottom eye lid : if its pinkie red its normal , but if its more white/skin coloured consult your doctor

i have the same problem as you do. it all started about 3 years ago when i was in my bed room, i was playing around with my stuff when suddenly i had this very sharp pain in my upper chest and it only hurtted really badly when i tried to inhale and it made it almost impossible to inhale. and about two years later i would sometimes get dizzy from when i would stand up or if i was already standing up it would just happen out of know where. and if i stand up for too long like lets say for about 2-5 mins, sometimes i would get so weak i would have to sit down. and one time i almost did black out but i never told nobody about it becuse nobody includeding my mom qould belive me anyways. because they just think thats its just too much air in the chest but i'm too smart for that bull. because that would not cause you to black out and get very weak in a short amount of time.but i am a smoker. and from what i heard from this i highly doupt with all my heart that it's because of smokeing. and if you do find out what the cause is for all this please do tell me. and if you have a facebook please friend request me so we can talk about this sitiuation.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

its anxiety or hypoglycemia or both its the worst thing i have ever experienced but you have to get it dagnosed

this is insane its happening to my right now all i did was bend down to pick a towel up. then suddnley felt dizzy the felt my heaet starto beat way faster and random as beats. this has happend a few time before but didnt last to long and usually after a few randum deep breaths it would go. but today its not working for me.

I am 12 years old and this is happening to me it has been happening for the past couple of 
days, but this is the first time it ever happen to me before my head starts to hurt, then I
get dizzy from the headache and it seems like the whole entire room is spinning around,
also I have short-ness of breathe which really is not good for me, because I have 
asthma. My dad just told me to use my inhaler, but that only help for like 5 - 10 minutes
and I don't have that much left in there. I am also coughing every now and then and when
I do my chest starts to hurt and at random times my chest hurts, but it's nothing like
serious pain it would stay for like 2 or 3 minutes then go away. I wanted to know what
is wrong with me I feel like I can pass out any minute, but then again I seem perfectly 
fine when I lay down, also I am having mood swings, I usually am not angry and yelling, 
but it just seems that I am angry, yelling, can't listen, and is crying a lot. I don't mean
none of it, it's just the mood swings. I am also a very healthy and I have a normal period,
I just want to know what is going on with me.

- Confused

well I am 163 and I  get the same symptons but yours are more worse. Anywayz, I looked up the symptoms and I guess we are anemic. If you look it up on google you can find out more about it..
I hope we all get better because Im getting freaked out and scared :)

i ment 16 not 163 jaja

Yes, this is very scary and I hate it when I get these symptoms, especially the almost blacking out that seems to be getting worse, especially in hot weather.  In the research I've done I think it comes from abnormally low blood pressure - mine is 80 over 44 and 80 over 56 recently.  Also eating the wrong things such as wheat and sugar.  I see on the internet that something to get the blood pressure up is eating much more salt and drinking much more water - if one isn't peeing at least every hour, one isn't drinking enough!  Good Luck to us all.

I'm not as young as you all but I have experienced the shortness of breath and some of the other symptoms listed on this post.   A couple of the doctors I saw thought anxiety.  Eventually, my doctor thought it was PAH (pulmonary arterial hypertension).  It may well be.  The thing I want to contribute is this:  There are so many of you (mostly younger people) experiencing these things that I wanted to mention the possibility of some type of incident or exposure to metals or chemicals that can stay in your body and cause a variety of health problems.  When I was younger I broke a thermometer and didn't know that mercury was poisonous so I played with the little silver ball of mercury that spilled from the tube.  The only way this particular type of mercury is harmful is if the vapors are inhaled.  I'm going to look into the possibility of mercury poisoning.  Anyway,  if you look to your past is it possible that there is something that happened that could contribute to this illness?   The internet is amazing with the amount of information out there (though not all accurate) but I encourage you to keep looking and keep pestering your doctors.  There are many doctors who will take the easy and more well-known answers and not look any further.  Anxiety is an easy answer and in many cases may be the correct diagnosis.  But do your best to be sure because doctors don't have the time always to spend on each patient that they may want to take.

Hello, I have been getting these alot and have finally after lots of testing been diagnosed with Postural Orthostactic Tachycardia Syndrome.
It happens when I standing up or reach up or put my body in a more upright position (Postural) than I was in before.  
My heart cant pump blood around my body fast enough to compensate my position change and all the blood rushes to my legs stopping oxygen from getting to my brain (Low blood Pressure - Orthostatic), so the heart kicks and and works harder (by beating fast-Tachycardia) to try and pulse the oxygen back to my brain before I passout.
I feel since I have been diagnosed that it has got worse and I cannot exercise because  of it, I am thin but my muscles are weak and take alot of strength to move, there are alot more aspects of this condition than the blood pressure but this is the more risky part, knowing that I can pass out at any minute by just moving my body is hard, i dont want to scare you but maybe you should see your doctor, most doctor have never heard of this condition. x

I am a 14 year old and I have experienced the same exact things. After these attacks happen, I feel out of breath. Knowing that asthma runs in my family, I definitely worry about myself. I have also thought it might be anxiety because all of my stress, angina because my grandfather had it, or even a heart attack. Although I cannot give much advice, I do have one suggestion: Try to relax. Put yourself away from stress stress as much as possible. I don't know your living situations or lifestyle, but stay healthy!!!!!

Wow... I can't believe what I'm reading. I am 21 and experiencing similar problems. I've been searching the internet all day for an answer to my problems (similar to what you all are mentioning). My issues, for the past couple years, have only occured while driving (scary, huh?) when I change lanes to pass another vehicle, my eyes go cross-eyed almost and my body sort of goes numb. 2 days ago, it happened while passing a vehicle, as usual, and has not stopped since then. I have been dizzy non-stop, when I move my heart almost skips a beat, it feels different, and my exterimities go numb. It's just a pulsation of the numbness, but regardless the numbness connected with an odd feeling in my heart is not something to be taken lightly. Everyone I've told has seemed to think it's no big deal. But, I think I might schedule an appointment with a Cardiologist on Monday to check the wiring and nerve communication (like Joyce mentioned) as well as checking to be sure all blood vessels are clear. My biggest fear is having a heart attack because I just let this go on.

The best way to describe my spells:
-When you're dreaming and you fall, that feeling mixed with the adrenaline rush internally when you almost slip and catch yourself, mixed with the SOUND of turning a TV on. All at once, all the time. It's getting to an extreme. I am thankful I read this post, now I have a specific test to ask for and specific things for the doctors to look for. Thank You All!!

I am also a 16 year old female. For almost a year I've had frequent heart pain that actually started in my breast. Now it has settled in my heart, and occurs so much, it's hard to not think about it. The past few days it's moved into my neck, but still staying mostly in my heart. I ride the bus home from school, and last week, I started crying on the bus because the pain was so bad, and horrifying. I don't have insurance, and cannot see a doctor. The pain is getting worse, and more rapid. I've tried calling clinics, and even top medical hospitals for answers, but I never get through. I need to know what this is. It's worrying me and my family, and friends.

I have a 17 year old son who went through the same thing last year. His doctor referred him to a Cardiologist and they recommended him to wear a heart monitor for 3 days. My son was very active and during his practices and football games he would get rapid heart beats, shortness of breath, and chest pains. He would have to lie on his back, lift his head up slightly, and take slow deep breaths. This seemed to calm his heart rate back down. We caught 3 episodes on the heart monitor. They diagnosed him with PSVT. It's very common. People live with it all their lives. It's not life threatening and you just have to learn how to calm it back down when it's happening. Or you can do what my son chose to do get rid of the symptoms for life by going through 6 hours of surgery through his groin. PSVT is an extra electrical current that flows to the heart. The docs went in and zapped the extra current. It's an outpatient procedure and my son was back at practice the next day believe it or not. He had sore thighs from where they inserted the needles but other than that he has not had another episode, 1 year later. He goes to the Cardiologist Monday for his 1 year follow up. If your symptoms are like my sons doing a little research on PSVT or ask your doctor about.