6 weeks ago i had my gallbladder removed. i was starting to feel better but within the last week i have been feeling worse than i was before it was removed. i am having severe pain in on right sidefrom under breast to waist line,middle of stomache,around belly buttton ad back right side.i was eating a normal diet. now i hurts when i eat. all foods are causing the problem not anything inperticular. pain is alway constant. ii need some help. i can't really afford to go back to doctor because i have no insurance and am already in so much debt from surgery. pain is making daily life miserble. any ideas on what to do or to just alleviate pain somewhat.

I had my gall bladder taken out 5/12/09 and I am in the exact same boat as you. I felt fine the first few days and then i started feeling sick again. I have all the same syptoms i had before, constant abdominal pain, fatigue, bloating, nausea, light-headed upon standing and now my legs are swelling. All my labs tests have come back normal as well as my CT and MRCP. The only thing they have found is that my bile duct is dilated to 7mm. I have been to so many doctors all of which I think haven't taken me seriously. I have since been referred to a specialist for Sphincter of Oddi. I am scheduled for an ERCP on 7/06/09 but in the mean time I'm in tremendous pain and nothing helps. I was given vicodin and percocet at the ER but I find that just makes me constipated and tired all day. I have Levsin that is supposed ease up the pain but it doesn't work either. I am almost to my wits end on what to do. I haven't been able to work since this all started and I have no health insurance.

I had mine taken out close to 20 years ago with the big surgery then 10years later I had stomache cramps littery my stomache would cramp and hurt threw to my back and I couldn't breath. I went to the doc. he did a scope and couldn't find anything and perscribed an anti cramping med sp? Hyosidimine which actually worked I took it when I did have pain, but then I came down with serious health issues that needed treatment and had a spell the night before which my new doc called in diffrent gastro, specialists and found I was still passing stones threw my duct the went in witha scope threw my mouth slit the duct to empty into my stomache and finally after 12 years I am pain free. Don't give up.

I had my GB removed in April and after a month had right upper quadrant pain, pain beside my right shouldblade, then gastric burning gnawing pain. We tried all the GI drugs: Carafate, questran, Nexium, thought maybe it was bile reflux. Nothing helped. I learned(not from my doctor)that bile reflux that can occur after GB surgery does not respond to any of these therapies. I just stopped all the meds and the pain has gone away. I still have twinges under my right rib cage, but nothing like it ws pre-op. I hope you all do better with time, I certainly have. Also, can eat anything without problem. I was having diarrhea at one time and controlled it with Citrical calcium supplements and Citrucel which is a bulk additive.

I did not know that you could use Citrical and Citrucel like that to help prevent diarrhea. Have you tried anything natural like block cheese, rice, or beans which are all shown to help block your system a little more naturally, or does nothing respond to it?

No food is as constipating as the calcium which I need anyway. I have not been needing the Citrucel although my husband uses it for his irritable bowel problems with good success. It is just like Metamucil, just adds bulk, more than we are able to take in by diet alone

Hi I had my gallbladder removed just over two weeks ago, I woke up from surgery in the worst pain of my life. I went home and tried to do as little as possible for the next few days.

I was told that I could return to work after about 7 days. But I had surgery on a Friday and that following Wednesday I was so sick throwing up lots of green bile. I Could not eat or drink anything. Finally I called a friend and they came over. After a call to the sergion, he requested I drink Gatorade and eat mashed Tators! I had already been throwing for hours. I demanded to go to the ER, my blood work game back off the charts. Liver enzymes were in the 400 mark and white blood cells were 300 plus range. After IV fluids and meds for nausea and pain I was told to follow up with my family doctor with in the next two days. I called my mom who lives 2 hours from me and she said she would be here on Friday. Friday afternoon I went in to my doctor and had my blood work checked again. This would be one week post opp! Still blood work was way above normal. No answers, nobody new what was going on. She kept saying that something could have gotten cut during surgery:( needless to say I am still in pain. I fear nerv damage has been done. I have one more visit for blood work. I do feel a lot better. But the pain is unbearable at times. I hope to god that they don't want to do more test, blood work alone ran me over 100 bucks. I have no insurance and the 10k in hospital bill alone as got me stressed out.

And people are calling me a sissy as well. I have had two c sections a hysterectomy and one laparoscopic surgery prior to this one. And I was told this one wouldn't hurt as bad as all the other ones. And I hate to say it but they were all wrong!

Did you ever get better or find out what happened. my husband is experiencing the same symptoms after gallbladder surgery.