I am so glad I found this site! This pain is depressing me! :'(

I had my 6th "attack" or occuarance in 6 months last night and I can not do this anymore!
I had a baby 7 wks ago, and when I was 6 months pg, out of the blue I awoke one night with this sharp, squeezing sensation around my upper abdomen, in the middle, right between my breast bones. It took my breath away and just ached in my back and middle for about 3 hours. We almost went to the ER when it stopped almost as quickly as it started.

This happened 3 more times while i was pg, about every 3 wks, with no pattern or issue as to after a fatty meal--I mostly eat low fat diet anyway. Only thing was that they all happened around 2am. My OB referred me to a Gastro Dr. who did an abdominal u/s and saw many "micro' stones in my gallbladder. However, he said it wasn't enough to warrant or bring on the pain I described, and he suggested I see a "physical therapist" , and that I must have a pinched nerve. :-( He didn't want to see me again until i had one more attack or after baby was born.

I had another attack 2 wks after the baby was born. It came on again like all the rest, but didn't last as long. And again, stopped as quick as it started. I literally go from dying in pain-- about to pass out pain to minutes later NOTHING...all done and sharp pain gone to a dull slight ache in ribs and back. Is this weird?

I went back to the gastro Dr the next day and told him I wanted more tests to rule out everything!

Last week I had another abdonimal u/s which still showed "many micro stones", I had the HIDA scan which was normal, a Chest Ct and x-rays which were normal and back and spine x-rays which were normal. Only thing wrong with me is I have gallstones which supposedly are NOT the cause of my pain and attacks according to my DR!!! :-(

I had another attack last night, only lasted about 1/2 hour, but was awful during that short time. And then went away again as I was about to call my parents to watch our kids so we could go to the ER.

I am getting SO DEPRESSED and WORRIED that perhaps it isn't my GB, and maybe it is a heart issue or a heart attck about to happen????
I am afraid to leave the house alone with my 3 kids in fear of having an attack while alone with them!

The best way to describe the pain is this tight, squeezing ache in my ribs, chest and back. I also noticed last night that I ALWAYS get gas during an attack or after and then feel like I need to do a big BM after.
Also, my back and ribs ache for a few hours after and it leaves me exhausted!
What do you think?

Does anyone have any suggestions, answers? Is this sounding like my GB, or a heart issue or something else?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!
~Kristine

I have had exactly the same thing. Exactly! Same tests, normal Hida scan, gall stone found but "couldn't explain that." Have you found out anything?

For MS patients this is commonly known as an 'MS Hug'. It's quite uncomfortable. Have you ever been checked for MS? It's quite a fickle disease - not the same for every patient. Depression can also be a symptom of MS.

Ask for an ERCP... microstones could escape into the biliary tree. Your doctor needs to do an ERCP... demand it - the symptoms definitely related to that system and doubtful that it is heart related. If you are worried about your heart, ask for a holter monitor for 24hours.

i have the same thing. do you have belching during this? i had a horrible attack about 3 months ago. i couldn't lay down without feeling the pain in my chest just penetrate. i had to lay on my stomach and actually pass out from being so tired before going to sleep. i just kept belching uncontrollably. fed up, i went to the er, i SWORE i was having a heart attack.

they said my liver levels were slightly elevated. i'm convinced i either have a bad gall bladder or ovarian cancer. i was belching uncontrollably and my chest hurt so bad that i swore i was having a heart attack. i was bullemic through my older teen years and wonder if my insides have taken a beating from that!

Greetings
I have had two episodes. The first one woke me around 5 am and lasted about an hour and the second one was pretty severe. My friends advised me to be checked out at emerg. Once there though it had mostly subsided. I have the requisition for scans etc but not scheduled for a month away.

I went to a Chinese herbal store and by luck the chinese doctor 'was in' ...he asked a lot of questions, took my pulse, checked my tongue and my ears... he gave me a herb which he said would make a huge difference within 10 days ... by the second evening all the tenderness was gone .. I am on day four now and my energy is coming back in a big way... He said it was to do with my liver and gall bladder ...

So, if you haven't had any luck with the regular systems try this ! I figure by the time I actually get an ultrasound it will be moot point !

All the Best ~

You know, I had symptoms almost identical to the ones in the first, 2008 post. I ended up looking for natural gall stone remedies.

It's kind of unpleasant, drinking the stuff that you have to, but nothing compared to gallbladder pain.

THANKS for shearing

Hi Kristine, I'm sure you've resolved this problem by now since your post was dated from 2007, but I still wanted to reply because I can't believe they have found stones and you're having (or were having pain that was so typical of gallstones) and someone has apparently told you that the gallstones weren't causing your pain?!! That is crazy! I'm no doctor, but just had my gallbladder removed 4 days ago and I can tell you with 99% certainty that the gallstones are causing your pain. You have pain in exactly the location I did, your attacks are coming at night and you have gallstones. I don't know what else a good doctor would need to recommend gallbladder surgery for you, and I sure hope you got it. I actually didn't have any stones, which made mine really difficult to diagnose; I had what they call sluge in my gallbladder, which can be a precursor to stones. Then I also have an inflamed/enlarged bile duct, so even though they've removed my gallbladder, there is still a 40-50% chance I will continue to have pain because of the bile duct itself. In that case, I'll need to have another procedure on the bile duct. I sure hope you got some good information from a good doctor and had your gallbladder removed with no recurrence of pain. Best of luck. Melissa Snow (***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use
)

just a suggestion, check your breathing that you are breathing from down below your ribs and not in the upper part of your chest, you could be hyperventilating, I have suffered from it causing chest pain weak arms, tingling in the finger and also hard to breath. If you do find your hyperventilating breath through the nose and slowly down deep, things will come right in 2 to 5 minutes

good luck Paul

Hi! I am going through what sounds like the same thing!! Scary! My systoms are the same. It's been going on 2 yrs.! I had a gallbladder test and it was good. Then I had ALL kinds of heart test PLUS an Angiogram because I was so scared. The Cardoigist said everything looked great! The attacks are not often BUT very scary! I had another gallbladder test today and it showed normal. I am transferring heart records to another Cardiogist for a second opinion. It is so scary and sometimes last about 30 minutes. My husband worries about me traveling alone to go see our Grandson. But I can kind of feel it coming on and would need to pull over and stop until it passed. The card. was was using said maybe it is your spine OR maybe your Coronary Muscles wish is having Spasms!! So I thought it time to get to the bottom of this! I wish you well Kristine. P.S. If i find out anything i will let you know! Thanks!