Hello. I'm middle aged man and I was hopping that someone could tell me more about this disease I'm suffering from all these years.
Few years ago after several angina attacks I have contacted my cardiologist and during some heart ultrasound he determined that I have problems with atherosclerosis, especially with the arteries on my heart. So, this makes me in high risk of developing heart attack!
So, he recommended me to change all my bad life habits because they are killing me. But just recently, I have read that all this isn’t caused by my life habits but that some bacteria called Chlamidia pneumoniae is causing it. Is this true

Hi. It is interesting that you’ve mentioning this bacterium because few days ago I have read a lot about this issue.
Like you probably assumed, this bacteria is responsible for several pulmonary diseases but just recently, this bacteria is found in atherosclerotic plaques on coronary arteries.
So, it is true that this bacterium can cause coronary problems and there is non doubt in that. But, you should keep one thing in mind- there must be an arthrosclerosis present before the infection. So, your bad life habits are primary problem that should be cured, not the bacterium.