I am seeking advice on chlamydia results. A couple of weeks ago I was diagnosed with a water infection, I had no idea I had a water infection, I actualy thought it was thrush. I was prescribed with antibiotics for three days (Trimethoprim) I took the last tablet on a Friday night. The following Wednesday I visited my local GUM clinic to be re-tested as I felt that I actually did have a water infection and my doctors were full. They tested for everything including chlamydia. Two weeks later my results for chlamydia came back positive. I was shocked. I have only ever slept with my parter for the last 5 years and I honestly from the bottom of mybyeart do not believe that he would cheat on me. I only had a previous test for chlamydia 3 months ago which was negative. Is there a possibility that the antibiotics could have still been in my system and interfered with my results? Is there any other explanation for this? I am not naive, if I had of thought my partner had really cheated on me, I would not be wasting my time trying to sort this. Please help, replies will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

I know that this is hard thing, even for me to say to you, but you need to talk with your partner. Chlamydia tests are one of the most reliable ones and if you are tested positive, than you need to tell hi too that he is almost definitely infected as well. I know that will lead to the hard discussion about how either of you have gotten it, but, you can get re-tested before all this. I know yopu trust your partner, but, health comes here first.

Hey everyone, guess what, did a further 2 tests and they came back NEGATIVE!! just goes to show that you can never trust a result. It almost ruined my relationship.