What is the difference between acute and chronic sinus infection. I think I am suffering from chronic sinus infection because I have it for almost 20 years. It is in mostly at front in the forehead. I have headaches in the forehead as long as I remember; very often there is nasal discharge.

Symptoms of the chronic sinus infection in the frontal area are: persistent but mild headache in the forehead and possibly history of trauma or damage in the sinus area. And for acute frontal sinusitis would be severe headaches, fever, postnasal drip and pain that it is worsen with reclining. It is very possible that you have chronic sinus infection. You should also know that chronic sinusitis lasts longer than 8 weeks or occurs more than 4 times per year with symptoms usually lasting more than 20 days and the acute sinus inflammation usually lasts less than 8 weeks or occurs no more than 3 times per year with each episode lasting no longer than 10 days.