I had some problems lately. I have noticed that I am very nervous and edge all the time. I had physical manifestations also like a dry eyes. I knew something is wrong. I have visited the doctor and I have been diagnosed with Graves. Now, I am a smoker for the last 15 years. I have heard that it can be harmful. Is it true? Should I quit?

First of all smoking is generally very bad habit and attack on your own body. It is always good to stop, especially if you have Graves, because cigarette smoking increases the possibility of eyes problem. Also it increases the possibility that, once treated, Graves disease will come back again. This is very good reason to quit.

Dilan,

I have been trying to quit smoking for years. And I have tried everything, nicotine gum, the patch, zyban, everything. And nothing worked. That nicotine "craving" would never go away and I just couldn't quit.

I recently took Chantix, and have been smoke free since mid March. You may want to ask your doctor about it, as not only did it work, but for me it was EASIER than all the other stuff. I just didn't have the desire to smoke, and if I got hit with a craving, it was quickly forgotten about. Literally, on the second day, I had 0 desire for a cigarette. It was like magic.

Good luck!