So my friend has heard about a guy who gave up smoking after single visit to a doctor. He said that he was hypnotized and when he woke up he felt like he cant smoke anymore. I am really puzzled by this. I think its just a rip off. I dont know, it sounds too good and to easy to be true. Could it be?

Has anyone heard of anyone else getting hypnosis to  help prevent smoking? Maybe its just a placebo effect, i mean you already know that you should quit smoking after the hypnosis and maybe thats why he felt like he does not want to smoke anymore. That and the fact that he paid for that session. What are your taughts?

i went and got hypnotized after hearing it was suposed to work 5 yrs ago i paid £40 for each session and went about 3 times i still smoked as soon as i came out of there, so the answer is hun nope it didnt work i had heard the nicorette patches 21mg work so have tried them just need will power and at the moment they are working xxxx

I dont know about hypnosis but my parents used acupuncture. it was like a staple that was put in their ear but not as painful as it sounds. They both gave up immediately. My mum has never smoked a cigarette since. my dad started again after about 5 years. It required only 2 visits. One to have it put in and one to take it out.

Perhaps worth looking into