Hello! For tha last two years I have been experiencing bowel movement problems and I couldn’t pass stool regularly but would always strin myself. This resulted in hemorrhoids. At least the doc said so. Besides having to increase water and fiber intake, I also need to have a hemorrhoid surgery as they are casuing me so much pain. Now I am wondering if I will have to take some extra care of the hemorrhoids after the surgery?Thx for the info

Well, after the surgery you won’t have any more hemorrhoids but that doesn’t mean they won’t reappear. That is why the doc told you to increase water and fiber. There are some possible complications after hemorrhoid surgery like: severe postoperative pain, lasting 2-3 weeks, postoperative bleeding, swelling of the skin bridges, major short-term incontinence and difficulty with urination. But you could also experience some late complications like: anal stenosis, formation of skin tags, recurrence, anal fissure and minor incontinence.