This post is an extension of the

What are abortion Side Effects? thread.

Please continue posting within this thread.

I just had an abortion yesterday and today I am fine. No depression, no pain, no bleeding. Just a little bit of spotting, and faint menstrual cramps. It feels like I have a very very light period, not even that.

People need to stop scaring women about the side effects. My family doctor told me it was a safe procedure. Like all procedures it has risks, but you only hear about the horror stories.

I just want to share my experience with women who are thinking about having one. It's not as scary as they say. Make sure you go to a reputable place, with qualified doctors. It took 2 hours, from when i walked into the door, until I left.

Every woman is different, but pro-life people need to stop making up random facts and statistics. I realize I am only one woman, but from personal experience everything went fine, and I can go on to have healthy babies when I AM READY to.

Peace and Love

Your post really meant a lot. I am 21 and I just found out today that I am pregnant. I have an appointment for an abortion on Wednesday. I can't even imagine going through with this pregnancy, especially since I did everything in my power to prevent it. I was taking my Birth Control pills RELIGIOUSLY(on time, daily), used a condom, took the morning after pill less than 12 hours after intercourse, took a pregnancy test a week and a half later(that came up negative). I even had my period the next month, but it has been absent since then. I even called plannedparenthood and asked them questions about it and they said that likely it was because I has stopped using the birth control I had been one for 2+ years and had taken a morning after pill(which both alter your menstrual cycle). Since I had already taken a test and it had shown up negative, they assured me my period would come back within 6 months. I had no side effects of pregnancy what so ever, but still hadn't gotten my period, which is why I went to the womens center and took another test today. I decided on abortion because there were months that I didn't know I was pregnant and lived life as I usually would(I drink occasionally, finished my tattoo sleeve, ate things I shouldn't have), and who knows what could happen to the fetus because of those things. I would much rather live with the regret of knowing I had an abortion than living with the regret of having a child grow up with health complications of what I did for its entire life. I think it is highly unfair for other people to be judging women about abortions..it is our right to decide what is best for us and the fetus inside of us. I know that there is NO WAY I am ready to have a child, and I obviously did everything I could to try to prevent that. I am in no way financially stable or emotionally stable enough to raise a child on my own.

I just want to share with every one that NO ONE has the right to say anything to people who decide to have an abortion. No one can tell someone the effects of it because it is different for everyone. Everyone has to make a decision that is best for them and have every right to do so without someone being in their face about why they should or shouldn't do it. To each their own. There are many people that do not agree with abortion which is fine but those people also have no right to put down people who choose to do it because no one else can even imagine what that person is going through. It's different for every single person.

Everyone needs to make their own decision. Don't base it on anyone elses opinion because YOU are the ONE AND ONLY person that has to live with it for the rest of your life!

Its too bad you can't abort the other mistakes in your life huh? just screw up big time, do something stupid and scoop it out and pretend it never happened? I'm not going to list the stats again, because everyone has heard them and used them for their own purposes again and again. I just want to say that 1. just as calfary said earlier on, "nothing is 100%". Doesn't it follow that abortion isn't 100% safe or effective. 2. even if you don't care about the life growing inside of you, shouldn't you care about your own body? pregnancy is nine months of drastic chemical and hormonal changes in your body. You are changing at the cellular level. Your breast cells are preparing to produce milk, and your uterine cells are changing to accommodate a new life. When you have an abortion, these changes come to a screeching halt, similar to a rush hour traffic jam. You cannot expect a smooth or safe transition.

3. while it is true that the more serious side effects are small percentages of abortions, there is still the chance. What if you tell a young girl considering an abortion that you had one and you are perfectly fine, no complications. She goes and has one and is one of the small percentages that can never have children again, loses her uterus to infection, or develops breast or uterine cancer later on. You are the reason. If you had directed her towards a counselor or back to her family or even just kept your mouth shut, perhaps she would've chosen differently.

To all of the women out there that have had abortions and regret it. I am very sorry for your loss, and you should know that though it is hard to find, there is peace for you.

To those who say they have no qualms with what they have done to their bodies and their children, I can't pretend to know your mind, but you know the truth, and I hope that someday you will stop trying to justify your mistake and instead use it to help keep others from making the same one.

To all of you who are contemplating abortion and haven't reached a decision, I would recommend a book to you. It is called "the atonement child" by Francine Rivers. While the main characters are Christian, they are both pro-life and pro-choice. I would also point out that when I read this book, I wanted nothing to do with religion, but I still thought the point was well-made. Please give it a try.

Please, I am not looking for a hostile argument, but I welcome any responses

I just want to post because I can't stand the scary posts and statistics. Yes, there can be negative side effects if you choose to have an abortion but going through a pregnancy, delivery and raising a child is much more, much, much more difficult than overcoming an abortion. As with any procedure, there are risks with abortions but so are with pregnancy and delivery. You can die while delivering! Pregnancy can be complicated. Isn't that scary too? Are you ready for it? People will tell you , oh, just give it up for an adoption. Can you seriously do that? Can you go through pregnancy, delivery and then just give it away. You will probably have more regrets if you give up a child that you actually see and hear crying then if you give up an anonymous fetus (I know it sounds harsh but those were my own feelings). I could never live with an idea that there is a child in this world maybe looking for me and one day will show up at my door and ask why did you give me up?
I am talking from own experience. I had an abortion 13 years ago and yes, it was painful and very emotional afterward. I was very depressed, it hurt a lot (both physically and emotionally) but I got over it. I have no regrets whatsoever. I did not want to have that child (would have been a single mother then). I was not ready for it. I had one miscarriage later and then an absolutely normal pregnancy and delivery. Today, I am raising a healthy son and I am happy I waited for him.
It is your body, you have to make the decision. Having a child is life altering and very demanding. If you are not ready for it, nobody can blame you.

Good luck to any of you who have to make this decision. I have been there and I am with you... :-P

i am a sixteen year old african american female and i have been pregnant before. i never thought of abortion . im actually doing a report on abortion and how its wrong and immoral. if you didnt want a child or get pregnant then take the right percausions or just dont have sex. when you have sex and the sperm joins the egg, a child is formed. you have have NO right to kill any one. it wasnt talk childs fault that you had sex.

hiya  how  hard  is  it to get over  an abortion cause  im getting  oe  and so sscared and  what are the  side  effects  x  :)  <3<3:-):$:-(

I'm having an abortion and I'm scared and I'm 15 years old

And I want to know the side effects and I can't have it because I'm too young help me

Lane Daniels wrote:

Guest wrote:

Peace and Love

I had one at a young age also approximately 2 years ago, at the time it seemed as thought the right thing to do as i was not in the right financial situation and my whole family where against me having a child so i know how you feel.

if you feel that is what you WANT to do not what you HAVE to do, then so be it. bt do not let ANYONE force yo into doing something you shall regret, i was backed into a corner and for the rest of my life will regret my actions, i suffer from anxiety attacks and my body has not been the same since. I am faced with the problem now of, when i want to start a family now i cant get pregnant and finding it extremely difficult. although everyones situation is different, you should speak to someone impartial about your own situation as this will affect the rest of your life, there are many side effects and more emotional, but be sure to make the decision based on your own thought process.

I have had a abortions. I was young and I didn't think I had any rights cuz when my mother found out she said that I was to young and it was not my choice cuz I was not a adult. I did not find out till after the abortion that I did have a choice. It was very painful. Emotionally and physically. I felt as if I could feel it being torn out of me. Like my insides were being pulled out. It hurt so bad I yelled out. When they were done all I could do was cry. It has scarred me. I will be 33 this year and I'm happily married and have been trying to have a baby for 7 years. So far my test have come back good but I can't help but feel that I killed my only child I was able to have. So it makes me feel like I'm being punished. I know it's crazy and it could be anything but now what if I can't have another child, I will live the rest of my life knowing I killed my only chance of being a mother. I live now with lots of guilt and regret. I really wish I had continued with my pregnancy and did the best I could. Even a open adoption would of been better then killing my only child. Just think about that, it may be the only chance you have. The child did not do anything wrong and there are millions wanting to adopt. There is help, just either decision you make just know you don't know what's going to happen later in life, you may end up with some kind of issue and never bear a child again. Good luck to you all. Abortion is the quickest way out but there are risk. Even if its not due to the procedure, later in life it could come back to haunt you.