Er...Hi, I'm Aria, I've been on my period since December-January and it's now May. I'm too scared to tell my mum or dad or even go see a doctor. I don't know what's wrong with me but I was talking to one of my friends who told me that their aunt is like that and mean she can't have children cause sea got Hepatitis E or something. I don't really know. But it's really stressing me out and by bleeding I mean by seriously bleeding so much every day my blood is BLACK!!!! What do I do?

Hi im Amber so im 18 currently and ive had my period for about a year now and before that i used to miss my periods for months and months. This is really abnormal and no one really has a solid answer as to why this happens like im not over weight my diet is perfect, i havent increased my exercise, my scans are always perfect when i go to the hospital, im happy i have no stressors, im a virgin so its nothing sexually relates and of course ive never been pregnant so i just cant understand why this happens! But at least there are quite a few people like me ...maybe it is an A thing

I had the something similar like that happen to me. It happen about 8 years ago. I became anemic and had no energy and did not feel good at all. I was about 22 when it started and i did just have a baby a few months before. I have varicose veins on my uterus and the cause the bleeding my Dr. was able to put me on a birth control that helped with that and i had to take extra iron supplements for a little while. If we weren't able to get the bleeding under control then I was going to have to have a hysterectomy . I really hope you where able to talk to your mom or dad and get help with this.

If anyone has any more information on this i would love to hear about it . ive also had my period for 6 months straight , also 1-2 days ill stop bleeding then continue on with these huge clots as big as a golf ball .. Also having the same pains especially in my lower back and legs ..its just really scary when your young ( only 19 ) and want to experience a family .. If anyone has any information PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Keeping the A trend going...my name is Ashlee. I’m almost 30 years old, got my first period on my 13th birthday. As a teen, I had periods that lasted the normal 3-7 days. When I was 18, i had my first pap and was told that I had abnormal cells. I ignored it then, and when I was 21 I had a leep done and lost a small portion of my cervix. I kept going through only having one period a year. Then I went to a new dr because I wasn’t having a period at all, it had been a year and a half since my last one, but I constantly felt like I had to use the bathroom. The dr said I’d been having my cycle for all this time but my body for some reason is not discharging the excess. I went through being put on Provera, which made me sick. Birth control made me sick. It’s been two years since I had a d&c done to clear out all the buildup. It didn’t help at all. I’m a little overweight. All I drink is water. For the last two years I spot every day. Some days harder than others. I’m literally tearing my hair out. My mom thinks I need more progesterone. I was diagnosed with PCOS at age 24. I’m afraid there’s a more serious issue going on here and I don’t know what to do. Any ideas girls?

Well my name is Erica.... not another A name lol... ive been on my period for about 8 months now..... went to the hospital and all they did was give me an iv and check I wasn't cut inside... other than that ive learned the hard way dont lift and don't over exsert urself .... makes u bleed again and heavier and lots of clots ...... give urself a few days of bedrest and be lazy..... slows the bleeding down alot ...... also i have been having nausea and lossof appitite, any one else..... hope i figure out what it is.... really scared

Hi ! My name starts with the letter A too :) I'm 17 years old. I've been bleeding for almost 5years now (since I was 12). Almost everyday. Does someone here got a diagnosis ? It's a nightmare. I tried 5 birth control pills and it never worked. I tried antihemorrhage treatment, it doesn't work. My periods seem to get very heavy when I move. It got so bad to the point where I am homeschooled, I quit swimming (high level). I can't even take the stairs or walk for more than 15 minutes. I attempted suicide when I was 13 because of it. I've seen many doctors and they don't trust me because they've never seen someone bleeding for that long. I don't know what to do anymore. I hate my life. Sometimes I really want to kill myself. I have to do one last blood test to see if it's a factor deficiency. I am scared it's gonna be normal. Yesterday I met my hematologist for the first time and he kept screaming at me that it's not possible to bleed and not have anemia. I'm not lying !! Please help me, I feel so hopeless. Plus it hurts, sometimes really bad.. I feel a mass on my right side, but the ultrasound was clear. My parents wonder if I'm telling the truth. I'm tired of wearing pads/diapers everyday. I feel disgusting. I'm looking for similar cases to convince my doctors I'm not lying.. Sorry for my English, I'm from France. Thank you

Are you cured? we are experiencing the same

Wow, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. I've had an irregular for as long as I remember. I was able to regulate it a bit early last year through removing sugar and dairy from my diet as I had issues with both. But then reintegrating them back in caused irregular havoc again. I have skipped over 6 months end of last year, and got my period this January and have been on it since. Got a vaginal ultrasound done and was told my uterine lining was 1 cm thick and my body was estrogen predominant. Which meant my uterus kept growing but my body didn't have enough progesterone to shed it. Been taking hormone supplements, vitamins, iron, etc., and I'm still bleeding out. Almost fainted due to the drop in my iron levels from 1 day volunteering at a Habitat build bc it was too strenuous for my body.
I wish there was a fix other than birth control to problems like these, but gynos among other doctors would rather put a bandaid on your issues versus fully treating the root cause.

As an add on, I also hate how many pads I've gone through during this period.

I suggest you change your name!

hi ,my name is Bridgitte .
im also having abnormal periods since late last year around December,it continued till march to april and I taught it was normal for a girl like me,so I did not pay much attention about it.
just last month I realize that I should see a doctor,i went to a clinic but they did not give me much information or treatment as I was expecting .
the doc only prescribe fefol tablets for me to take.still no changes as yet.
twice in every month my flow stops and the very next day it continues ,or it goes lighter and goes darker and goes light same cycle.
im 22 years of age and still struggling with this abnormal period,im tired of wearing pads and buying pads.
im married almost 2years now with no kids.