Hey there. Yesterday, I went out with my Boo. We were playing in the local park, and we both were so dirty when we came back home. I have to say that he is really adorable so messy :) So, I went to bath him, and after this, I started to clean his teeth. I always take care of my dog’s teeth, but I have noticed that he has a little scale on his teeth. I don’t want this.  I have decided to take him to my vet, I am sure that he will clean his teeth just fine. But, I was wondering, how much does teeth cleaning for dogs cost? Is it expensive or not? 

Hello. My husband and I decided to get our dog’s teeth cleaned few months ago.
We did a little research online and I found this clinic that is actually only half an hour ride away from us.
I read that the vets there are great, which turned out to be true. This clinic is highly rated.
At the beginning we had a little doubt that they would do everything as they were supposed to, but everything went ok.
I asked them for a price and they told me $300 – $400 for a basic teeth cleaning, but at the end we had to pay extra $100 because some teeth needed to be extracted.

Hey there. Sometimes, this is the best option. I know that this can cost a lot, but it is worthy. Sometimes, we can’t clean our pet’s teeth alone, we need some help. Personally, I am totally for it. I remember that my sister was cleaning her dog’s teeth very often, and she was paying about 130 dollars. I think that this is the lowest price you can get. I remember that she was telling me that if tooth extractions are needed they cost 15 dollars for small teeth and up to 100 dollars for larger ones. I don’t know, I am willing to pay for this care :)

Hi. I don’t have much experience with teeth cleaning since my dog is only one year old. But I went to the vet once to have my previous dog’s teeth cleaned.

It was at this vet clinic near my house. I saw the ad saying that they charge $149.99 for teeth cleaning. It was a reasonable price and it was very close to my home so I decided to take him there.

After talking to the people there on the reception, it turned out that the price for senior dog’s teeth cleaning was around $300. Any extractions needed such as blood work and stuff like that would be an additional cost.

I never did this procedure but last year I was advised to do so by my vet. He told me that my dog’s dental hygiene is not so good and that I need to do something about it. 

That’s when I started searching for teeth cleaning options and I’ve found this vet clinic that does this procedure and charges you only 180 dollars for it. That’s pretty cheap if you consider the prices at some other clinics. 

I booked an appointment but then I suddenly had to move and in all that mess I completely forgot about it. I never went.

Yes, the price for senior dog is above 300 – 400 dollars. Since I have a senior dog, I have pretty much experience with it, and I have to say that no one of us, it doesn’t matter how we take care of dental health of our dogs, we can’t clean their teeth like vets do. So, if you want to hear my opinion, I really want to say that this is really worth of price, especially because you know that you need to do that every six months. Maybe it is a little bit expensive, but like I told you, it is worthy :)

Consult your vet about this.

Hi, guys.

I was in doubt whether I need vet’s cleaning or not until I saw your posts. You convinced me to take my corgi to him. Just like you gave me valuable advice about toothbrush and toothpaste.

I haven’t asked for price yet, but I think it is ok to give 300 bucks for teeth cleaning, especially if you need to do that only once in every six or twelve months. I really hope it isn’t painful for dogs. Probably you would say something if it is, so I will remain calm.

Good oral hygiene is very important to our pets. We can easily maintain it, and they will be grateful.