Hello. I recently discovered that cats and dogs can have all sorts of dental problems if you don’t clean their teeth regularly. I haven’t been doing that so I am a bit scared now. Everyone is acting as if cleaning your pet’s teeth is common sense. How come no one ever told me about that :/ My cat has some bad dental situation going so I’m thinking about deep teeth cleaning for her. Did you ever do that, can you share some experience? I’m mostly interested in the costs of deep teeth cleaning since my financial situation is currently not great.

We are all irresponsible sometimes when it comes to our pet’s dental health. Me, at first place, I admit. Even if I clean my cat’s teeth regular and every day, sometimes that is not enough. So, yes, I do pay once a year a vet to clean my cat’s teeth. You should know that professional cleaning may be covered by pet health insurance. And yes, it is expensive, it costs me about 500 dollars, but since I do this once a year, it is worthy. Sometimes, we just can’t clean our cat’s teeth at the best way, and for me, this is a good option. I have two cats and I do spend a lot of money, but it is worthy. Trust me. 

I have a cat and to be honest, I have never paid for this. I was always wondering, if I pay this, what am I paying exactly? If you can understand what I am thinking. I was talking with my vet and he told me that my cat will get full service, but I am not so sure. I think that I am cleaning my cat’s teeth very good at my home, as well. I do agree that this can be worthy, but it also depends on what the price includes. Also, I don’t know does this treatment include polishing teeth? 

Hello everyone. I want to share my experience about deep teeth cleaning for cats.

As you may know deep teeth cleaning is very useful for your cat’s oral hygiene and you should do it almost every 10 to 12 months. When it comes to the costs of this procedure I can’t tell you exact price because it varies from vet to vet. Also, not every cat requires the same level of care.

I believe that the average price for deep cleaning is around 280 pounds.  The lowest price for this procedure is about 60 pounds and the most expensive procedure costs around 520 pounds.

I paid 300 dollars to get deep cleaning for my cat’s teeth. I recall finding some vet clinic that had a cheaper option (about 200-250 dollars), but then a friend told me that the first one is the safer way to go.

I know it’s not much complicated, but when it comes to health, I like to know that I (or in this case, my cat) am/is in good hands. 

And I am satisfied with the procedure. I don’t know where you can find deep cleaning for 60 dollars but even if you do find it, I wouldn’t recommend it. Sounds suspicious. 

Hi. :) I don’t think that deep teeth cleaning for cats is too expensive. You don’t get to do it often, maybe even once a year or if you brush your cat’s teeth regularly maybe once in two years. 

I think that the average price for this procedure is around 250 pounds. Of course if you want this procedure to be done properly. 

I would be willing to pay even more for the health of my cat. I am aware how serious dental problems can become. 

The vet will also take care of the cat’s gum which is also very important. 

It is not expensive at all, since you don’t have to pay for this every month. My mother is paying for her cat, and she told me that it is not expensive – and she is not working. I think that she is paying it around 250 dollars, and that is not so expensive. Sure, you can pay 500 dollars as well, but I don’t see any difference that you can get, to be honest. When it comes to oral health for the pets, I don’t think that you should think is this price ok or not. You can afford this twice in a year, for sure. 

IMO deep teeth cleaning is very beneficial to cats. Although I have my kitty for only year and a half, I took her to the vet two times and intend to pay for cleaning every year. You can do this more often, but don’t need to. That’s why this procedure isn’t too expensive. If you are short on cash, you can make a deal with your vet to pay in two-three months (many vets allow that kind of payment).

Of course, in meantime you need to brush your cat’s teeth. Buy toothbrush and toothpaste for cats and spend some more time with your pet.