I'm wrapping up day 8 of recovering from a tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy. It has been hell. What I'm writing about is an annoying "drip" (it's what it feels like) down my throat where I have to clear my throat, cough or swallow. Can't sleep on my side or stomach, have to try staying upright and it's nearly impossible for me to fall asleep that way. Has anyone experienced this? I have been researching and haven't found any posts on this. Also, I can't talk normal. When will this change??? I'm about to go off the deep end!!!! My uvula feels like 1/2 lb of hanging beef.
Thanks in advance for any help/insight!!

Hi, just went thru tosillectomy surgery myself, on day 4 now. I have been experiencing the same symptoms. I noticed you posted in April, so I'm hoping you're all better by now, but I was wondering if you had ever received any answer to your predicament and if there were any tips you could offer for me to see if I could avoid this. It's been 4 days w/ little to no food and little to no sleep and I just can't even imagine doing this another week! Thanks for any help you can offer!

I had my tonsils taken out a little over a year ago. My tongue feels swollen most of the time and I have a cough that makes me gag like I'm choking on something. Please, if anyone has this too let me know. Thank you.