Celebrity

So, like so many of you, I have an issue with my gums. They are bleeding for a couple of minutes when I stop to brush my teeth. I don't know why this happens, but I was wondering to visit my dentist and to ask him to help me with this.

But I am not sure how a dentist can help me? Could professional dental cleaning stop my gums from bleeding? If he can, how?

Some procedure or...?

I have noticed this bleeding when my immune system "went down" so I was wondering does this has to do something with it?

Well, I believe that my dentist thinks that I am crazy, but I am visiting him every three months. I am obsessed when I have an oral and teeth issue, I just can't stand when I have any type of problem that involves teeth. For example, when I notice bleeding gum, I immediately go to him and ask him to prescribe a bleeding gums treatment for me.

But he told me that I am good since I have this healthy habit to visit him whenever something happens. For example, the cleaning performed twice a year at your dentist's office will remove plaque from your teeth. This will definitely help prevent bleeding gums and keep your mouth healthy. If you do this twice a year, you won't have so many problems with your oral health. So, yes, professional dentist can help you in this. 

He can help you, he can give you and advice, but it's up to you will you follow those advice or no. He can try to help you, but if you don't follow his instructions, you can't expect to see any progress. Also, you should know that certain medicines also can increase the bleeding from your gums, so you need to tell this to your dentist as well, if you are using some of those. Even simple aspirin can increase bleeding. Like you already know, certain medications can cause a side - effects, and maybe that is the reason why you are having this problem. So, you tell everything to your dentist because he needs to know it all if you want to be better.

I believe that it can, but I haven't tried it because I have to say that I am a little bit scared since I don't know what they are using to clean my teeth in order to prevent this bleeding.
My dentist recommended this cleaning for me for the first time one year ago. He told me that I got some infection and that he needs to clean it to see what is going on, did this infection caused some other problems, etc. But as I told you, I was very scared, so I was using salty water three times a day for almost three months and I saw some progression. Now, I am scared because I do know that this may be temporarily, but I still don't know what to believe about those professional cleanings.

well, he can help you, but most of those things up to you. for example, he can clean your teeth, he can relieve you from the bleeding, but you also need to know that just one cleaning won't solve your problem. I mean, we are talking about the problem that lasts for a while now, right? well, than just imagine will it go away after one cleaning? it wont'. you need to follow some other instructions in order to deal with your problem, you need to listen to your dentist advice how often you should clean your teeth at his office and what type of toothbrush and toothpaste you need to use in order to deal with it. good luck!

Hello there.

It can. It is one way of the dealing with a bleeding gums issues. Bleeding gums are caused by inadequate plaque removal in case if you didn't know, which means that dentist can "fix" this, but it can also help you by giving you some advice that you need to follow.

So, if you ask me, you should definitely schedule a professional dental cleaning, because getting your teeth clean can help in a long way for having a good oral health.

You should do it annually, at least, or twice a year.

But some other parameters you need to follow as well.

hi guys. So, when it comes to cleaning my teeth at my dentist office, at the professional way, I must say that I add this an my "TO DO" list every two months. and, this is the best thing that I have ever done, since my teeth are way, way better than before. he recommended me to do this once telling me that I will see the difference without him giving me some tips on what I should pay attention at. so, I did that. when I came home, I could see that my teeth look way better and my gums were not so...swollen, I can say. so for sure, this is a recommendation for everyone. it can help a lot!

Celebrity

Hi there. So, I have listened to your advice and I went to see my dentist about this dental professional cleaning thing. He explained everything to me, telling me what I can expect, what I should not expect for the first time. So, he double checked my teeth and I can say that he was pretty surprised by what he saw. I mean, as long as I believed that I maintain my dental hygiene on the high level, it seems that all of this time I was wrong. But he told me that this will be OK if I keep to maintain it well for a while. So, we made a deal that I will visit him every three months and I am looking forward to seeing a progress.