Greetings my friends. Today, I went to see the vet with my dog Joshua. Joshy is really amazing dog, and he is only pet of mine that never was sick. He had some allergies, some stomach issues, but I believe that this is all normal. Anyway, my vet was always surprised how I take a really good care of my Joshy. But, today, when we went to see him, he told me that my dog has really bad teeth condition. I don’t know why, because I am cleaning my dog’s teeth every day. Maybe I am doing something wrong? Can you tell me more about the proper way of cleaning my dog’s teeth? 

Cleaning your dog’s teeth is not something that you should learn every day. Once you learn it, it will be easy to clean them properly. I assume that you do know a lot about cleaning your dog’s teeth, but the true is that you can’t clean them properly always. Sometimes, you need to pay your vet to clean dog’s teeth. I am sure that you do know what are you doing, but here is one tip for you. Maybe it will help you. Dog’s teeth can develop plaque and cavities the same ways that human teeth do. When you take your dog to the vet, they can scrape away any tartar to see are there any problems. You can do it as well, but you need to find a position that allows you to easily access your dog’s teeth. Maybe you still don’t have the best position and you believe that you are cleaning your dog’s teeth the right way. You need to clean the gum line as well. A lot of owners just forget this. Still, I think that you should visit your vet once a year for a professional cleaning :)

Hello.

Well, there isn’t much to be told about dogs’ teeth cleaning. The important part is buying a proper toothbrush and appropriate paste for dogs. The rest is pretty simple. Just clean all the teeth from both sides. Make sure you give your dog a treat after you finish so that he doesn’t get the idea that teeth cleaning is something bad you force him to do. You need to have him thinking-  if I behave the next few minutes I will get a treat.

Try to find a toothpaste which he likes. I buy chicken flavor but I’ve heard that peanut butter flavor is also great.

I think that we were talking about this subject before, but of course, some new ways are always welcomed. My Boo is really small dog, so I am cleaning his teeth with my hands and with soft toothbrush. Even if I am cleaning his teeth for a while now, sometimes he just don’t want to let me clean his teeth with toothbrush. So, I do it with my hands and some gaze, of course. I do it very gently, and I want to show him that I want to play with him. It works so far. So, if your dog is refusing toothbrush, try cleaning his teeth with your hands. It might work. 

Hi everyone,

I want to share my experience because I think I've found a good brand for toothpaste and toothbrush that I now use regularly for my dog. So if you’re interested, I recommend Arm and Hammer brand. They are not so expensive and you can buy them in pet stores or online, on Amazon for example. One thing you should pay attention to is that you probably shouldn’t clean your dog’s gums with a brush because you could hurt him. Better try that with your fingers.

Also, I usually give my dog bones and chewing toys, they are also very good for his mouth hygiene.

I don’t know what’s all the fuss about. It’s just teeth cleaning. :P I keep seeing these people on the internet asking how to clean their pets teeth. As it is much more complicated than cleaning your own teeth. :) 

Relax people. You just need to find a brush specially made for dogs’ teeth and a paste (also made for dogs)  without fluorine. 

That’s all you need to know. :) There is no way you can do it wrong. 

Of course, clean every teeth individually especially when you notice plaque on it, and make sure you don’t hurt the dog’s gum.  

Hey.

I am cleaning my dog’s teeth with my hands as well. Sometimes, he just doesn’t want to use toothbrush and toothpaste. It depends on occasion.

I was at the shopping today and in the supermarket I found some toothpaste on discount. It is the CET brand of toothpaste. Some girl told me that this is the first pick for a lot of pet owners, because it includes more enzymes in the formula than any other brands.

It is anti – bacterial toothpaste, and it helps with bad breath and plaque removal.I don’t know much about this. Can I use this paste? 

Thank you in advance.

This is actually one of the best toothpastes on the market and I totally support this toothpaste brand and you should buy it. Especially if there is a discount :) I don’t think that you should make big theory about this, it is nothing complicated, and cleaning your dog’s teeth is something that will become your routine. It doesn’t matter are you cleaning your dog’s teeth with toothbrush and toothpaste or you clean them with your hands and gaze. There are some tips, but we were talking a little bit about this before. It is really important to maintain oral care of your pet.