There is a word in our school that this girl has crabs. Nobody likes this girl as she looks pretty dirty but she doesn’t seem to care. Anyway, I don’t think that she really has these crabs, and I believe it is more of a rumor bit I would still like to know what crabs are. IS there anybody who could explain this to me? Thank you!

Crabs are also called pubic lice and they are parasitic insects found in the genital area of humans. It is quite a common infection actually. Crabs are usually spread through sexual contact but can be rarely spread through contact with an infested person's bed linens, towels, or clothes. However, it can not be spread by sitting on a toilet sit, which is a common misbelieve. The parasite can not live that long out of the human body. Crabs are mostly found in the genital area on pubic hair but can also be found on other coarse body hair like hair on the legs, armpits, mustache, beard, eyebrows, or eyelashes. A person usually feels itching and the eggs of the parasites can be seen as well as the crawling lice. There are three stages on the parasites: nits ( eggs), nymphs and adults. Crabs can be treated.

If this girl realy does have crabs she'd be scratching her self all the time. Rumors are very hurtfull and can ruin a teens life,not only now but also in the future. If I were you i'd stick up for this girl because in the long run you will be rewarded.