I am a 25 year old male, and a few months ago I noticed small pimple like spots in my pubic hair. I have looked at pics of herpes and warts, but it doesn't look like that. I can pop them and a hard white ball will come out. They don't hurt or burn or anything, they just won't go away, and I think are getting worse. I am worried that it is an STD, but I dont' have any other symptoms. I don't sleep around or anything, so I don't understand what is going on.....I am planning on getting it checked out, I guess I just want someone to give me some advice or some feedback.

Health Advisor
They are probably just inflamed ingrown hairs. The condition is called folliculitis and it is nothing dangerous just annoying. The condition resolves on its on but since it has been persistent, it is probably infected by bacteria.

There are some kind of bacteria that won’t go away that easily, so you need to use antibiotics. Such bacteria are usually contracted in other people’s saunas or public pools and similar.

You shouldn’t touch it much with your hands as it may spread to other parts of the body.
You may want to see a dermatologist to get an antibiotic prescription and have that looked at to make sure it is foliculitis and not something else.
Foliculitis looks like little red pimples with white inside that can be easily squeezed.

did you ever find out what they were as i have the same problem?

I have the same thing im 26 just started happening after I was trimming/shaving my pubic hair...no need to worry dude!

Well if anybody has any feed back it would be great!!
Im 22 and have this problem!! Its annoying and having a massive effect on my sex life!! I dont know how to deal with this! :$
Please help!

I have looked through all pics of herpes, genital warts, folliculitis, but yet i still can't seem to find what it is...i noticed it after i started shaving but slept with a girl i didn't know that same nite...so i don't know what to do and im to scared to go get checked out...im in a really healthy relationship now and she asked why not we have sex. i told her we weren't ready yet but i wanna get to the bottom of this. is this typical for 21 year old males that shave? they are itty bitty lil boogers and they don't itch? its weird...can anyone relate and help me with this plz

Thanks for this post, i was searching the same symptoms and came across it. I too shave my pubic hair and just noticed the exact same thing. Seems like thats the common factor across everyones problem.

lol, I'm in my teens and just shaved there too, and i got the exact same problem... :-(

Hey, I think it might be Molluscum Contagiosum

check this link

It can be transfered by sexual contact, an infected towel and several other ways. There is treatments but it also does go away by itself but can take a very long time =[

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

i have the same thing too and i wanna get rid of it im only inmy tens :/

i have the same problem, im only 15 and still a virgin, so it cant be any of that. im not sure when it started but ive had it for ages now, like 8 months. i have shaved before but, it should of gone away by now, right? and its not like got any white stuff in it. its just red spots.. like a kids achne haha, help:(?

Im 15 nearly sixteen now and I haven't really shaved my pubic hair before until the other week, after doing so I noticed little spots in the pubic hair area I've only had them like a week or two now but if they are around much longer I'll get them checked out but personally I don't think it's anything they're just really annoying and a bit embarrassing. :/

I have small spots or blister looking things and the thing that worries me is that i cant seem to figure out what it is.. i also have penile discharge every now and then and im scared of getting checked.. also i have a very good relationship at the moment and im worried she will not want me if i find there is something wrong.. they simply look like spots in my pubic hair, but, they only bleed when i squeeze.. when they seem to be going, suddenly, they all come back.. it is definitely not ingrowing hairs as i have had them before and plus, i have not shaved for a long time.. anyone got some sort of knowledge that could help?

im 15, had sex once, and currently in a sexual relationship with a girl, i have this same problem and only shaved once, and that was about a year ago, just worried if it is a sexual transmitted disseas 

I'm 15 and I have them I don't know what to do they just come and go