i was reading about the fifteen year old who had the
same kind of problems that i do. only i'm female. i
recently learned some about STDs. we also talked
about crabs, for girls. they said you could get them
from using a towel of someone with crabs.. so i started
worrying. i'm rather itchy.. down there. & un-shaven.
i try to shave, but i only end up doing a little because
it gets really itchy and grows back fast, and thicker.

so i guess my questions are:
+ how can i tell if i have crabs?
+ how do i get rid of them if i do?
+ how can i shave properly without getting red bumps and such?

Ok, well I can only somewhat answer your questions but I'll tell you as much as I can. The only way I know that you can tell if you have crabs is to look for them. You have to look hard though because they are very small. You can get medicine from the store. It is next to lice shampoos and whatnot--or at least that's how it is where I'm from--or you can go to the doctor and he/she will prescribe some for you. Third, I wouldn't recommend shaving down there. I like to use the VEET BLADELESS RAZOR. It will leave you skin smooth with no irritation, but be extremely careful as it is made for external use only!! I hope that I have helped!! Good luck!!

do you sweat a lot? i'm a guy and i find its the same thing, except, when its hot or i'm actually doing something physical for once, it gets worse.
the sweat can cause and unseen fungus growth which is known as jock itch, and can be cured with an anti-fungal like those athlete's foot products.

just ask you mother or a doctor first about what to use and how.
you wouldn't want to mess anything else up down there.

I'm sort of a heavy sweater because of my age and all that puberty c**p you have to go through.. but honestly I'm not all that athletic. I sit on my ass and play the computer. Lmao. I don't think its that.

I'm a 15 yr old guy and I have no clue about the crabs but for shaving.... Use what the person above said. when you shave make sure its a clean, sharp razor. use short strokes and go with the grain (the direction the hair grows). one thing I have found that helps a TON is to take a shower or a bath before you shave. the hot water will soften up the hairs to be cut. Oh, and srry really out of order here (really tired) while shaving. after a stroke or 2 rinse the blade off in runing, hot water. this will keep it clean so you get an even cut and the hot water just makes it cut better.

guess what. i finally had my problem looked at. (here the germans are very open about their stuff)
Apparently, it's just your skin. it is more sensitive than usual, and soaps and body washes with any type of fragrence or any other c**p besides soap and moisturizer can irritate it.
The german doctor told me to just use a regular old dove bar. and they gave me some hydrocortisone that is especially for your land down under.

hydrocortisone? whats that?

Slyper wrote:

hydrocortisone? whats that?

It's a type of cream for itching. It can be used on bug bites, rashes, or anything that causes an itching irritation.

its not exactly itchy.. its just. sometimes it is. but it also LOOKS terrible. i have red bumps everywhere and it just doesn't look normal.

There is a cream called Bikini Zone that is recoommended by Cosmo Girl for being relly good for relieving redness or non-itchy bumbs around your bikini line or shaved area. The problem with a Veet bladeless Razor is that it uses a chemical to remove your hair, when if you're like me, can make it worse. I personally have sensitive skin and have tried it all, and here's my personal solution for problem free bikini shaving. I use those tiny Noxeema bikin razors - there's three in one pack and they're cute and small. They have little plastic attachments on the rasor head that keep the blades from directly touching your skin but the hair is cut super smooth. I do this using a mild body wash or shaving cream, in the shower. Then I apply Aveeno Skin Relief with cooling menthol. This lotion has dimethicone skin protectant and is hypoallergencic so it's safe for sensitive areas. No problems, no bumps, so redness. Try it and see how you like it. And besides, don't worry about keeping yourself completely shaven down there like a brazillian wax. There's a reason for the hair - it Protects you! :-D

i dont like the hair because when im older, whenever i do have sex, im not sure if my partner would like it. xD

You could have a yeast infection and if you where thongs that could cause one I wouldn't jump to crabs at your age but with the shaving if u are still checking this I'm sure u are not 13 or I would be saying no need except for you bikini line and trip the rest with scissors save the sexiness for when u are much older and active in that way also go with the grain when shaving then shave from the outside inward be careful not to nix ur self because it hurts like a b***h but if u have longish hair I recommend trimming as mush as possible then use a new razor to shave. Also when you're done using your razor make sure it's put up in a dry place don't use a razor more than three times on that area and when you're done using a razor maybe clean it out with some rubbing alcohol to prevent fungus from accumulating inside of your razor blades going against the grain might be faster but the skin in that area is sensitive and that is the easiest way to get razor burn I apply deoterant after shaving and it helps dove it the best