I recently shaved my genital region, although it was not my first time It had been a while since I had shaved. I trimmed first then shaved. I am prone to razor burn because almost every time I shave I get fairly bad razor burn. The only thing is this time I shaved and got razor burn but it seems to have also develloped into an extremely itchy rash which began on the pubic are but has since spread, slightly down the shaft a few bumb around the head. The bumps don't stick out much and it mainly looks like just a reddening of the skin the the pubic area with some on the shaft. I know for sure some of it is ingrown hairs but there is redness where there isn't any hair follicles. I have shaved in the past and there was razor burn but this is extremely itchy and more rash-like. I am not sexually active. I had an encounter a month ago where I french kissed a girl.

I have got the same problem. i trimed then i shaved my genitals and now it hurts alot and its vertualy unbarable i cant even walk for very long. i have shaved for a second time with a closer and newer brand of razor but i am still getting some irritation. I have also used post shaving moisturising gel to south the itch. Is there anything i can do to either sooth the itch, remove the small hair follicals or prevent rubing?

Please try a foil rotary blade system made for the genitals. I tell my clients that the Hair eRazor is the most efficient and economical way to be smooth everyday. My entertainer clients love them.

Tinamakeupdiva
Aesthetician
Las Vegas, Nevada

It's probably due to folliculitis, an inflammation of the follicles. It usually occurs when there is a break in the skin from using razor. Genital area is usually moist, prone to infection. Be sure to apply topical corticosteroids and antibiotics.