Hi! My daughter has an extra long beautiful hair. But, believe or not I find lice in her hair. I don’t know what to do? I was so surprised and angry. Should I cut her beautiful hair? Is there some treatment?

Hi! You should talk with health care provider to suggest some over-the-counter (OTC) or some other medication. The most important step in treating a head lice infestation is to treat the person and other family members with head lice with medication to kill the lice. Your daughter has long hair and you may need to use a second bottle. Pay special attention to instructions on the bottle regarding how long the medication should be left on and whether rinsing the hair is recommended after treatment. Best is talk with health care provider, before you try any treatment for head lice. Good luck!

noooooooooooooo dont cut her hair ..... there is a lice shampoo u know and i think teh beauty supply stores sell them ... I hear dawn dish washing soap kills fleas i unno if it works on lice tho...

but she go to teh doctor and see if they got any better salution.

Oh and my friend god rid of hers by dying her hair and my otha friend used unions and i think vinigar and salt an dtehn she put a shower cap or a bag on and left it on for liek a long time ...

Check out this video, it's perfect for anyone looking for Head Lice info, answers or remedies.

http://www.dadlabs.com/health_and_safety/lice.html

Hi, There are a few oTC treatments for lice that are effective against re-infestation. The treatment will be slow because of her long hair (takes longer to comb with little comb provided.) But you dont have to cut off her hair. I found out that LICE cannot handle being blown dry. The heat kills them and the eggs cannot survive. So after the treatment is applied, and washed out a good preventative treatment would be to blow dry her hair on a daily or every other day basis. I am not a dirty person at all, in high school I had extremely long hair - but I never blew it dry, I ALWAYS ended up with Lice until I started that daily habit. (my mom and sister - who did blow dry their hair NEVER got it when I would!!)ALso - a good tip would be to wash all the bedding and ANY place she rested her head (like couch, bed, car head rest) these need to be washed in HOT water - again they cannot take the heat and this rids any eggs or little bugs left anywhere in the house. Lice is a fast spreader in school - not much more you can do to prevent it.... I hope this helps!! Have a great weekend!

Mom2aPrincess :D

Also make sure you contact her school so they can do a lice check but if they dont do that she might get it again