I am 45 years old and was given the choice of endometrial abation or birth control pills due to frequent and heavy periods due to perimenopause. I thought I had my mind made up until I started reading all the posts about ablation. I have heard and read articles saying that the ablation only lasts 3-4 years and then you can have the same problem. I sure don't want to go throught that twice. Anybody being treated with birth control pills?

What was the outcome of this?  I am 45 and would like to know what women do when they are faced with these two choices.  Lysteda gave me leg cramps, I am left with no other choices but what is mentioned...

Ablation was a life saving game changer. Non existent or barely trace amounts of a period =freedom. The only caveat is the perplexity ox how one will know it is menopause???