I had my procedure done Tuesday May 11th, 2010. The doctor did a hysteroscopy, d&c and ablation all at the same time. I was given general anesthesia which was I very thankful for. I did not have the best time in the recovery room. I woke up with the worst poss cramps I have had in my life. They kept giving me medication that just didn't work. Finally after I believe 3 rounds of dilauded they got to a more bearable point. I was finally taken back to the preo-op room where they kept checking my pad which was actually more like a diaper. The nurse said it looked fine, however when she asked me to sit up i didn't realized I had leaked all over the bed. I did not realize this til she had me get out of bed. There was blood all over the bed. The nurse said for me to change my pad right there in the bed. I told her I had one in my underwear and asked if i could put my underwear and my pants on. Huge mistake. I changed and told the nurse I had to go to the bathroom. I walked from the bed to the bathroom excorted by the nurse. By the time i reached the bathroom I had soaked right through the pad and ruined my underwear. Nurse brought me another pad which I ended up soaking through by the time I got home. I laid back down to rest at the hospital and tried to get up again only to find I was extremely dizzy. I spent the entire day in the hospital because they did not want to release me in the condition I was in. I got in the car. We pulled out of the driveway and I threw up in the car. I was sick all the way home which was a two hour drive due to traffic. I walked in the door when I got home and threw up again. Cramps finally subsided around 10:00 pm. My surgery was 11:30 am. Ive never gotten sick from anesthesia before so I dont know if it was that or the procedure that made me throw up. Bleeding slowed down a lot Wed and Thurs and now got cramps again Friday and bleeding much heavier. I have now been bleeding 53 days in a row including pre-ablation. Is this normal to keep bleeding. Its not dishcarge but blood so I dont know what is supposed to happen at this point. If the bleeding does not stop would I need to have a hysterectomy. I assume from everything I read that the bleeding may continue for 6 weeks. If anyone has any feedback let me know. Thanks. I was hoping cramps would be non existant at this point but things i've read suggest otherwise and also I've read repeat ablation is not usually done. I know that it may take a few years before I see the end result but I'm curious about the bleeding not stopping yet. Thanks.

I had my tubes tied and the ablation and d&c on May 24th 2010. I am still bleeding. It was light and slightly pink. But after a week and a half it begain to get heaver and bright red blood. Dr. said my body might need more time to adjust. And if I fill up a pad every hour to call. But I am not bleeding that much. I am just so sick of bleeding. I bleed less befor. Any news for you? And is this normal????

I finally stopped bleeding on June 3rd. Doctor took me off seasonique May 25th. So we shall see. I bled about the same way but curious what will happen in about a week when I should get my period if I actually get it or if it will stop. The heavy discharge I always get has come back so my feeling is I am going to have the same exact type of period I've always had and having to wait 6 months to see if ablation did anything just plain sucks. If lining was destroyed then what is left to bleed if i completely stopped bleeding. I am having serious bouts of depression they were there before my ablation but ally my health and finance issues have made it even worse and tried to get over phone counseling through my insurance wellness group and they refuse to help me even when i told them I had suicidal thoughts. Much help they are. What good is having over phone counselors if they aren't going to help. System is just so messed up. Sorry didnt mean to vent but have no one to talk to at the moment.

I had a ablation procedure done in March of this year 2012 the procedure was okay results but not great. I went back to my Dr. in July 2012 and she wanted to try again with ablation procedure to see if I could have a better result. I had it done July 26, 2012 and now it's Aug. 3, 2012 a week later, so far it seems like has done better but we will see. I will keep updating as time goes on.