I am 17 and have been cutting for 6 years, the thing that draws me to it is my mom we dont get along at all. I recently started burning my leg with a car cigarette lighter, I need help please what should I do?

Today I ended up in the hospital because of cutting and its not worth it.. it works at the moment its a relief but in the end it just causes more pain to you and your family members. those of you who are cutting get help and figure out wht else you can do

shelbylee,

I have kept my cutting super secret so it doesnt hurt my family and friends, and while I am trying to stop it seems that I just can't. I am getting help but the psychiatrist isnt helping at all and my therapist is allowing me to continue(she knows I cut but says she isnt going to tell me not to do it so...). I still dont see that much harm in it, or what it isn't worth. I have tried asking some other people on how to stop, but I never get any feedback, so I am stuck and getting worse. I dont know what else to do, I'm at the end of my rope and not wanting to go on. I'm desperate now. Is anything ever going to work and get better for me? have you gotten better? What did you do?