Okay so lots and lots of people are struggling with dark circles under their eyes. As we have already found out here, dark circles can be caused by numerous different things and also have numerous potential solutions. Rather than discussing them individually which we can also still do of course, I thought it might be an idea to make a list of cosmetic treatments that have real potential to help people with dark circles under their eyes out.

Do you know of a great cosmetic treatment to reduce dark circles under the eyes? Have you had it done and did it help you? (Also, what was a big old waste of time for you?) Please share and you may help someone!!!

Okay so first of all, some of the possible causes of dark circles under your eyes that you may want to look into if you are suffering from this issue:

1. Fat deposits under your eyes casting a shadow that creates the appearance of dark circles.
  2. Thinned out skin.
  3. Loss of fat deposits.
  4. Genetics, sorry.
  5. Hyperpigmentation, which is caused by overexposed to the sun, usually over many years. or by melasma.
  6. Drinking too much coffee, alcohol, consuming too much salt, subsisting on fast food, etc, in short bad choices in your diet!
  7. Lack of sleep.
  8. Stress.
  9. Allergies.
  10. Environmental toxins.

Seeing that, obviously, you start to get some idea of why, when you Google "how to get rid of dark under eye circles", most of what comes up, much of which is home remedies like stick some honey or lemon on there, will not work for you. It's only when you know what the cause of your dark circles is that you can look towards finding a treatment for them after all, isn't it? Some people may find that lemon juice works, but it's hardly gonna cure seasonal allergies and may make matters much worse if you have contact dermatitis or something.

Sorry for the serial posting but I want to keep the different sub topics kinda separated plus I'm afraid of losing my post 'cause my wifi plays up sometimes. I'll just write about some treatments then and hope others will add their own ideas as they read this thread.

So, if it's ageing skin you're dealing with and it's the thinning of the skin making your blood vessels really stand out, plus you're rapidly losing fat under your eyes which can happen as you get older, no amount of cream and concealer's really gonna be helping you. Creams don't really alter the structure of your skin and the fat underneath obviously. In this case, hyaluronic acid fillers like Juvederm are the thing to look into. This can make up for your lost fat and reduce or eliminate the appearance of those pesky vessels. The downside? Well it ain't cheap plus the stuff wears off after about half a year. In the meantime it can offer wonderful results though, so something to look into for sure.

If it's loss of fat you are dealing with, then auto-fat grafts are another nifty thing to look into. Obviously because this is your own fat that they work with in that case, it won't simply wear off and you may have a semi-permanent solution on your hands, or under your eyes, as the case may be, LOL.

Well, I would also look into non-cosmetic treatments, that is, lifestyle changes. They can make a very big difference in some cases.

1. Drink plenty of water - at least eight glasses a day. Don't do things that dehydrate you, such as too much coffee, alcohol, or other caffeinated beverages.

2. Get enough vitamin A, E, C, and Omega 3 fatty acids as well. These will do your skin some favors. Look into Biotin.

3. Go for a jog outside every day for about 30 minutes, or just a walk. Exercise and fresh air will do you good.

4. Get enough sleep.

5. Get tested for allergies and treated if you have them. Sinusitis can also cause dark circles.

Laser resurfacing is most likely going to be your best bet - meaning the best results that last the longest and the lowest potential of side effects - if hyperpigmentation is the cause of your dark circles. Though hyperpigmentation represents one of the most common causes of the appearance of dark circles under the eyes, it is also, as has been noted, far from the only one. Therefore, treatment has to be agreed upon with your cosmetic surgeon after detailed diagnosis. In case of fat loss, boletero or other filler treatments will also go a long way towards eliminating those dark circles.

Celebrity

Some things to consider, perhaps or perhaps not.

I have been drinking a ton of green tea after hearing that it can help fight dark circles. My dark circles are still there but my skin looks better overall. Perhaps this tip can help someone though.

Laser surgery, which has good results, is out of my price range and I am hence not considering it. Using concealer tends to just aggravate the circles and I don't want chemical peels anywhere near my eyes, I think. They're my eyes after all, and I need them.

Lemon and honey have helped me some but again, the circles are still there.

Rosie