Hi, I am 17 years old and I have a problem dealing with parents. I'm finishing high school and I would like to make a one year pause in learning, before entering college. I saved some money these past few years and planned to visit major European cultural centers. But they think it's a complete waste of time and at the moment are very angry with me. Dealing with parents is my main preoccupation these days, but I cannot see the solution yet.

I must admit that I would also like to be able to visit some European cities, but cannot do that at the moment. Short of time and money. You should have mentioned your plan to you parents much earlier and prepare them. How would you feel if your kid suddenly says "you know, I'm not going to school this year, I'll be wondering around Europe for couple of months"? Now, you have to do a lot of talking and explaining. I am sure you'll succeed in that, since you've been planning this for couple of years. You just have to realize that their worries come from their love for you.