%-) I went to the dentist today for an absest tooth and he had x-rays taken and on the x-ray he found a spot in my throat that looked not normal.. He showed it to me and told me it could be calcium build up or more.. He suggested that I see go and see my doctor asap and I need to go and see them to get some test run on me to find out exactly what the problom is..... I am scared to death and if anyone who has had this happen please give me some advice to let me know how to handle all this....Am really scared and don't want nothing bad to come of this....

Hi there!

I went to the Doctor ten years ago thinking that I had tonsilitus because of a pea sized lump back there. He told me that it was calcium deficiency. It has recently started reoccuring again before it was only small pieces that couldn't been seen but smelt!!!!
Don't worry I am not sick and take calcium tablets from the chemist as do not really like dairy products,maybe hence the problem!!

Hi there!

I went to the Doctor ten years ago thinking that I had tonsilitus because of a pea sized lump back there. He told me that it was calcium deficiency. It has recently started reoccuring again before it was only small pieces that couldn't been seen in my mouth but when they came up they smelt!!!!

I think i have the same symtoms as described above only Im pretty sure its not a clacium deficiency and rather a build up of mucus from my nose. I use to occasionally cough up a hard lump which was white in appearance and smelt terrible. Recently when such a lump builds up i can actually feel it when i swallow. What i think happens is that the connection betwen my nose and throat is too small on one side and when mucus clears from my nose down my throat it slowly builds up a sort of stalictite lump of hard mucus. If anyone knows a way to fix this problem i would greatly appreciate it as im sure it is a major cause of bad breath. Im even considering snorting substances which would slowly wear away or open up the passage thus making the build up and lodgment of such a lump impossible.

dude thats totally not what it is.. you all have "throat stones" look it up on google. its the build up of some kind of cell in your throat

any results?

was it some dead bone migrating out?
Calcium buildup?... (trying to find out what that is now)..

I get these also. To get rid of them, I just use a syringe to rinse them off the back of my mouth. Causes a little discomfort, but it gets rid of the stinky things.

i just had this happen 3 weks ago. i thoght i was dying.

It all started as follows:

1. One evening Started feeling discomfort deep behind my throat, way back near where it starts going down the back of your mouth (further back than where the back teeth are). The discomfort felt like my tongue was cut o bleeding and it would burn when i drink water.

2. The next day i couldnt eat anything, what officially triggered a lump to grown in my throat was a pack of oreo cookies. I ae the cookies and within 60 seconds my throat was huge on my left side and i thought it was a allergic reaction of some sort or something bad with the cooies. I tried drinking water and that bothered bc i couldnt swallow. 45 mins later it went down on its own. I started eating some cherries and it was like hell because of the sourness of them.

3. I thought i had 24 hours or les to live, lol, so i went to the ER and i described what happened, the doctor literally shoved his finger down my throat until he reached the part that was burning/discomfort. He said it seems like calcium build up.

the doctor in the ER said its not that big of a deal, especially since if i stopped eating and drinkingfor an hour it would go down (the lump). He suggested i drink a lot of water to fush it out. i did and it went away...for 2 weeks and now its back. im a heavy egg whites eater (about 6-10) most weeks. today i was eating egg whites, cheese and fried food when it happened agai, im going back to the doctor to see whats ging on. i will place an update

Hey this has been happening to me for years since I was a teen now in my early thirties and still has the same problem. One day while watching doctor oz a women had the same problem, it's calcium build up that collects on the little craters at the back of the throat they vary in size white or cream in color and has a foul smell, he recommend gargling which for me has proven to be helpful or using the pix water flush to wash the back of the throat. This is pretty common in many people but seldom heard about or talked about. Not life threatening.

Hi...

I had some kind of calcium build up behind my throat also... ended up going to an endocrinologist who gave a test to take home. I had to return it promptly the bext day... then waited for my results. Prior to seeing the endocrinologist, I started drinking Alkaline Water and Hydrogen Water, and changed my diet to no meat... to my surprise when I got the call for my results... there was no calcium build up at all. So, no surgery needed.