Hi, I am 18 and I've been having this weird feeling of a lump or a small piece of food lodged in my throat.I get tonsil stones every few months or so, so I thought I may have just swallowed one of those, but it didn't go down for about a week, so I went to see a doctor. He said it could have been stress or anxiety, but gave me antibiotics just in case there was a throat infection. I took those for a few days but I stopped after a while because I found it hard to take them because I didn't want to risk them getting stuck in my throat. A day or two later, I felt the lump come right up to the back of my tongue, which made me feel like vomiting. I tried to cough it up to see if anything would come out, but nothing. After a while (and after drinking lots of water and eating food) it went down again to the base of my throat (or somewhere around there) and I felt a bit better. Then I developed a bad cough and cold but then the lump seemed to go away for two weeks however, it came back.I recently went back to the doctor again, to see why the lump came back and he said that either it was a build up of mucus or I had caught another kind of throat infection.Anyway, I can feel it right now in my throat and I also have a sore throat. It moves around sometimes. I can eat fine and it also makes the lump feel less noticeable. Also, I brushed my teeth today and when I spat, there was blood. Now, I'm not sure if it was from my gums or from my throat, but I got a little scared. I've done some searching online and now I'm getting worried that it might be cancer. My dad smokes around the house and I had asthma when I was younger, but haven't had any problems with it since then.

I am just really scared at the moment and want to know what it could be. I know the doctor said it could be an infection but... I don't know. Thanks.

Hi viki :) Please dont be worried, you are very young so dont think like this, be positive. Maximum probability is that u have a simple throat infection so dont be worried at all :) But u must go see a doctor and get this thing sort out coz health is everything and i hope that u will be fine soon :)

Dont waste yur time and go see a doctor, everything will be ok just be brave :) Best of wishes from me....Take care

Hi viki why don't you go to hospital and ask for an Xray of your neck , Give you peace of mind , Good luck , Take care , xx